mesa sucks

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fly2Scuba said:
Listen jacka$$, you still don't understand. Mesa is a f##ken pain in the a$$ and a plague on what you used to be a decent career. Now you could react 2 ways...

Option 1: Defend Mesa and it's pathetic CEO and try to feel better (egotistic)

Option 2: Agree that the airline is sh*t and that changes must be made as soon as possible in it's contract (swallow your pride)

Option 3: Think before you react, and act appropriately. Mesa may be a ******************** hole place to work, but it may not be the cause of your problems.

IF you truely are interested in improvement it would be best for you to locate the causes of your problems and address them, rather than bitch and moan about things that A) you cannot change and B) are likely not the root cause of your problems, but just an obvious symptom of the industry's sick state.

D.sanchez said:
Is this before or after Mesa/CHQ vote in concessionary deals for "growth" to take flying away from other carriers like whores?

Come on now, just who where these deals with? Was Mesa/CHQ in the position of power and dictator of the terms, or was that their partners?

Not to mention, who/what determines who owns this flying that is "taken away"? Do you work for mainline? And if so why are you making these deals to sell out your flying?

Dash8301 said:
Hired in 01, probably looking at about an 8 year upgrade. I've seen MAG FAGS lower the bar over and over then bitch that thier contract sucks, well so does ours thanks to them. I'd like to think well improve our contract in 09 when it's due, but I think well be lucky to keep what we have got now. As far as "Flying the Line" goes I have met George Hopkins and we talked about this very issue. He said it's up to the rest of us keep up the fight.

Not sure you understood what George is on about, because he clearly is not into calling your fellow pilots FAGS...

What exactly does "keep up the fight" mean? Be an arsehole? Look to your fellow pilots as a problem? Maybe instead of talking you should listen?

El Ocho said:
Come on now, just who where these deals with? Was Mesa/CHQ in the position of power and dictator of the terms, or was that their partners?

Not to mention, who/what determines who owns this flying that is "taken away"? Do you work for mainline? And if so why are you making these deals to sell out your flying?

You must not have been in this industry very long. CHQ signed a contract when B. Bedford showed up from Mesaba and the contract was all about getting more planes, and so they did. They also bought a couple of other regionals.

Mesa signed a contract that D. Worthless signed that brought a new low to the industry. Ever heard of freedom air?

Go take a history lesson little ER boy, or is it UND?

YES!

I would rather castrate myself with a rusty knife than work for jo and subsidize everything that MESA stands for.

El Ocho said:
My question then is who is to blame for the state of the industry? Those offering the work, or those accepting it? Who is in charge? Who has the power? Who is to blame for the state of the industry? Providing a service is one part of the equation, but the party providing the pay is the party of power.

Excellent post, 8.

One point I would like to add is that Mesa has never had a concessionary contract! Yes, you read that right, and it is true.

Contract 1 was better than no ALPA on property, and contract 2 -- the one you guys like to quote an in force now -- is an IMPROVEMENT OVER CONTRACT 1 AND SIGNED BY ALPA NATIONAL.

Google "definition: concession" --

[SIZE=-1]
  1. The act of conceding.
    1. Something, such as a point previously claimed in argument, that is later conceded
[/SIZE]

SELFloadingCRGO said:
On another note I'd like to ask you Mesa haters a question, do you hang everyone who makes a bad decision in their lives?

SLC
:cool:

One thing I have learned in this industry is that your personal choices are less than 50 percent of your fate. Circumstance or happenstance is often a more powerful variable.

Hawker dude said:
You must not have been in this industry very long. CHQ signed a contract when B. Bedford showed up from Mesaba and the contract was all about getting more planes, and so they did. They also bought a couple of other regionals.

Mesa signed a contract that D. Worthless signed that brought a new low to the industry. Ever heard of freedom air?

That's nice, totally missed my point, or perhaps I missed the original point, I'm just saying that Mesa/CHQ did not go to their mainline partners and say, here's our terms, you sign the contract or else. Rather the mainline dictactes terms to its subcontractors. My question then is who is to blame for the state of the industry? Those offering the work, or those accepting it? Who is in charge? Who has the power? Who is to blame for the state of the industry? Providing a service is one part of the equation, but the party providing the pay is the party of power.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back