mesa sucks

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fly2Scuba said:
Listen jacka$$, you still don't understand. Mesa is a f##ken pain in the a$$ and a plague on what you used to be a decent career. Now you could react 2 ways...

Option 1: Defend Mesa and it's pathetic CEO and try to feel better (egotistic)

Option 2: Agree that the airline is sh*t and that changes must be made as soon as possible in it's contract (swallow your pride)

No I don't understand. Please explain to me why Mesa is the plague you say it is. Mesa's been around for 20+ years now. Has the company just been brought to your attention?

I will agree that changes must be made to the contract. Negogiations open next summer. Send me or our new MEC officers your contact info if you are willing to volunteer your time.

This is entirely wrong. We will accomplish a great deal more and have a stronger and finer organization in ALPA if each pilot will work with and help other pilots, rather than create a lot of petty jealousy amongst ourselves."

In other words stop being part of the problem and playing into managment's hand by fostering division among us, and be part of the solution of strength in unity to improve our profession.

Is this before or after Mesa/CHQ vote in concessionary deals for "growth" to take flying away from other carriers like whores?

D.sanchez said:
Is this before or after Mesa/CHQ vote in concessionary deals for "growth" to take flying away from other carriers like whores?

When did CHQ last vote yes to concessions?

Titans10, you have to be the biggest morons on this forum. Lets think, yesterday the whole midwest was hit by up to 7 inches of snow. And I know, you are not allowed to fly your 152 in such weather, but us at the big boys play ground can. But in order to do so, we need to make the plane ready. This flight came from ORD, so of course it would be late, have you ever de-iced from the F gates, second if it was going back to ORD then there would be a flow, so that would add to the delay. The crew could get the FMS programed, it is as easy as you doing it on MSFS, that where you get your experience from, right? Second, do not ever call a FA rude, just b/c they don't treat you like your mom does, while you live in her basement, does not mean they are rude. The FA are there for your safety not your comfort, so get over it. Most FA are rude, why not they are paid slave wages. And third, you left on Mesa and then took PSA later that day. I mean, do you just go around on your friends buddy passes all day and strike up a conversation with a passenger claiming to be a pilot. Seriously, I jumped seated on Air Whisky and had a 3 hour delay. That must mean they are as bad as Mesa. Or the time I was delayed coming home on Main line United and the PAX count was off, they to must be as bad as Mesa, ******************** happens in the industry, a 5 minute delay could become a 3 hour delay by the end of the day. But I guess, flying in your 152 you kind of controll of your own little airline in the pattern.

Sflax.... great post. Mesa, worked there for 4 years, wanted to quit everytime I talked to Crew Tracking, but, one things for sure, working for mesa always made me try to get out.

Not to mention, right now its what, a 2 1/2 year upgrade. So, bring on the PIC Turbine and then run away.

Hired in 01, probably looking at about an 8 year upgrade. I've seen MAG FAGS lower the bar over and over then bitch that thier contract sucks, well so does ours thanks to them. I'd like to think well improve our contract in 09 when it's due, but I think well be lucky to keep what we have got now. As far as "Flying the Line" goes I have met George Hopkins and we talked about this very issue. He said it's up to the rest of us keep up the fight.

Your argument is awfully circular there bud. If you were hired in 01' with an 8 year upgrade, you could upgrade BEFORE 2009 if you came to Mesa right now.

By the way, ERJ upgrades at Mesa are going as low as 14 months of seniority. We'll probably be hiring street captains for the DHC-8 in the next few months too if anyone's interested.

Oh you aren't? Thats fine.

I have a old childhood friend who is a captain for Mesa on the CRJ. He told me not to talk to the guys I know at GJ because THEY are the scum of the industry, lowering the bar.
Dude, you fly for Mesa. You guys are below GJ scum.

Just to add another logic point that some Mesa pilots fail to grasp. The more information that Mesa is a piss poor employer that gets out to perspective pilots, the less and less supply of available qualified applicants. In turn, helps make Mesa realize that a better contract needs to be put in motion, or the supply chain of new pilots folds. Comprende?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back