Mesa Classes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

mesamaybe

Anyboby have an idea about upcoming mesa classes... How many per class? How often? Dates?

I was recently hired but have not gotten any news on a class date. Word is I'm behind the CCAir, JFJ, and MAPD backlog. Just how long is that line?

Thx

Mesa,
How did you get an interview if you are not a San Juan guy? I did not even know they were interviewing at this time.

Hoss

Hoss,
Luck? I had my resume walked in a long time ago, then they sent me the application and I didn't hear anything for months. Got the call and had two interview dates in March available. The one I went to was mostly San Juan grads but there were a few from the outside (aprox 5 out of 25 or so). In talking with them, two or three of them had interview dates originally scheduled September of 2001 that were nixed. The other March interview had 2 or 3 off the street as well.

mesamaybe said:
Got the call and had two interview dates in March available. The one I went to was mostly San Juan grads but there were a few from the outside (aprox 5 out of 25 or so). In talking with them, two or three of them had interview dates originally scheduled September of 2001 that were nixed. The other March interview had 2 or 3 off the street as well.

If you went to the first interview in March, you will be behind all the CCAir guys left (30-50, but they may all be waiting for CLT bases), as well as about 35-50 MAPD guys. If you went to the second, add about 30 spots more to represent the 30 or so guys hired at the first interview. I wouldn't assume that you are behind MAPD guys who interviewed with you unless Lori told you that. GS calls could go by age within the interview, MAPD guys (who have their own seniority within themselves) and then age within the street hires, or another way that's unknown. It's all up in the air.

YV ran a class starting March 12th that originally had invited the 1st 9 in the pool (MAPD guys hired about 2 years ago who refused to go to Freedom), but they were 'un-invited' when CC Air guys were given their slots. Expect the pool to lose some guys for a GS next month if the training patterns continue. CRJ FO or Dash FO is the best guess.

-Boo!

Here are the facts....

Mesa has about 55 CCair's to go (last I knew), and about 85 MAPD grads ( this is a current actual figure). If you take this 140 and add in Jet for Jobs, it should be around 280 (expecting all growth is in the jets, subtract maybe 20 for a Dash or 1900 ground school) Standby, it may be a while folks! Do you really want to work for Mesa anyway?

Sincerely,
Yogi

Re: Here are the facts....

DontFeedTheBear said:
"Mesa has about 55 CCair's to go (last I knew), and about 85 MAPD grads ( this is a current actual figure)"

I just went through every MAPD grad from FMN who's in the pool (not instructors from FMN or the ASU program), and came up with 53 (yes, I have all their names). I know there's 1-2 FMN instructors in the pool, but I find it hard to believe that there were 33 instructors from ASU hired, especially considering that there were 27 poolies by Lori's count before the Feb 2003 interview (I have the names of 31 MAPD students who were in the pool at that time, though, so I don't know where she came up with 27). Either way, with 2 interviews since, each with around 30 guys (not all of whom were hired), how did you come up with 85 MAPD's? There may well be 85 guys in the pool total, but there are NOT 85 MAPD instructors and grads in the pool.

It is rumored that all CC Air guys who have yet to go to GS are waiting for an east coast base (GS's are being run for the CRJ, which will result in PHX basing for the junior guys right now, though PHL could happen in the future). The only way to objectivly read the CC Air guys motivations is to see if they go to GS or wait. So, until MESA runs another newhire GS (they've been running 1 newhire GS a month, on average, and 1 every 6 weeks or so for J4J guys), it is impossible for ANYONE to tell if CC Air guys are going to take spots in the GS that would otherwise go to the pool or not.

Not trying to start any war here. Just want to help contribute to finding the correct #'s. I suspect 85 is a current and actual figure, but it is the current figure of the size of the total pool.

-Boo!

Yes but you are forgetting...

There are currently 29 students at MAPD Farmington that have not been hired/interviewed, but do have an interview/hiring preference. They will be interviewed before any street people, as Mesa is meeting capt hiring needs with Jet for Jobs. Are you sure that Mesa is running one GS a month. If that was so, my lil brother was hired in July 2002, and is not in gs yet. The math doesn't work out! Obviously more Mesa propaganda, but who knows, you may be right, and I may be crazy.

Yogi

Latest resources

Back