Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

AAWORKER

O.K. folks

My question is, I have 1500 tt and 300 multi. Am I competive for employment for Mesa? Help me out here or like some of you might say, should I jump off the bridge instead of applying here? I'm wondering if it's worth it to pay the $50 application fee plus the $45 for the radio permit. I've applied everywhere else with no luck. What do you think? Thanks very much and good luck to you all.

AAWORKER said:
O.K. folks

I'm wondering if it's worth it to pay the $50 application fee plus the $45 for the radio permit.

You'll need a radio liscense if you plan to fly internationally, so the $5 is just a cost of being a pilot.

As far as you wanting to shell out $50 for a potential 121 FO slot . . . if you don't have a Mesa pilot recommending you, maybe the $50 is better spent elsewhere. I'd guess they have alot of apps on file right now, and you need to make yourself stand out to get selected these days at Mesa or anywhere else.

Thank you for your reply. I know 2 pilots at Mesa. One was my instructor and one was a fellow instructor, but I don't know how to get a hold of them for a recommendation. Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks

Mesa Sucks

You got to be kidding me, Mesa? How many times do pilots have to stress that Mesa is the demise of a once great industry. Their contract sucks, their pay sucks, and their management sucks! People like you ,who are willing to take any job, are the reason Mesa is still operating. Trust me, you want to like and be proud of where you work or your going to have some long days ahead of you. Please look at the other posts about Mesa and do youself a favor and not work for JO, unless you don't value your time or quality of life! Good luck guys/gals at ACA and help stop the virus from spreading!

don't do it!

if you want to look at yourself in the mirror every day and know that you joined a sell out team.

I would do whatever it takes to get on with an airline who hasn't and will not lower the bar.

sure, you're qualified to work for mesa.
you're also qualified to strap explosives to your body and pull the pin on a buss full of civilians, but that would be immoral... wouldn't it?

to reach someone at mesa

If you know their name, try [email protected] to get ahold of someone at Mesa.

Good luck. "IF" management can figure out the financing, Mesa will be hiring a lot of people.

AAWorker,
I guarantee that you will not work for Mesa or anywhere else if you don't apply--Also, don't let all of these other people with negative attitudes stop you. With your 1500 some hours of experience, it is a tough time to break in with an airline and start getting some meaningful 121 and turbine time. Apply everywhere, keep a good attitude, and keep plugging away at it. And when you do make it, hope you don't fly with people who bitch and moan about every **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** thing--It is very annoying

FSB99 said:
sure, you're qualified to work for mesa.
you're also qualified to strap explosives to your body and pull the pin on a buss full of civilians, but that would be immoral... wouldn't it?

Way outta line.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back