• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa #1 Regional for Third Consecutive Year

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
All I am saying. Lets not make a legacy look like its winning the lotto... It's all a presonal choice. Will I apply ? Sure, and I have. Let the chips fall where they may..

Yes, I know this is an old thread. Just wanted to say I've worked at Mesa and I now work at Airways. I would say it is like winning the lottery- especially now that the merger is announced. In a few years my hourly rate as a narrow body F/O will be double what my CRJ900 Captain 12 year rate at Mesa was (about $145/hr).

BTW, why am I lurking on a regional message board? Because I only average about 5 days of work per month on reserve and I've gone as long as 31 days without being used on reserve and I've got gobs of time on my hands. Beats the 950 hour hard time per year I was flying at Mesa.

Yes, I know this is an old thread. Just wanted to say I've worked at Mesa and I now work at Airways. I would say it is like winning the lottery- especially now that the merger is announced. In a few years my hourly rate as a narrow body F/O will be double what my CRJ900 Captain 12 year rate at Mesa was (about $145/hr).

BTW, why am I lurking on a regional message board? Because I only average about 5 days of work per month on reserve and I've gone as long as 31 days without being used on reserve and I've got gobs of time on my hands. Beats the 950 hour hard time per year I was flying at Mesa.

Mesa 12 year CA is 87.50 an hour (2) = $175

A legacy airline job isn't " like winning the lottery" like decades before. With the continued outsourcing & economic issues, the airlines face today.

Like I said, I'll apply, and go from there.

I did like your "in a few years" ah the illusion of " in a few years" in the airlines, seem to never happen. Just like that upgrade, pilot shortage, and new contract.

Best of luck to you !

Mesa 12 year CA is 87.50 an hour (2) = $175

A legacy airline job isn't " like winning the lottery" like decades before. With the continued outsourcing & economic issues, the airlines face today.

Like I said, I'll apply, and go from there.

I did like your "in a few years" ah the illusion of " in a few years" in the airlines, seem to never happen. Just like that upgrade, pilot shortage, and new contract.

Best of luck to you !

I was going by my pay-rate when I left Mesa.

In a few years means that will be my pay rate using our current contract, not some wishful thinking.

I wasn't comparing the current situation with "the good old days". I was saying that I've worked at both companies and I can't begin to describe how much happier I am with US Airways at the bottom of the list vs. being in 13% from the top at Mesa.

If someone is of the opinion that they would be just as satisfied at a regional vs. moving on them more power to them. I just get kind of tired hearing that it's all the same.

And "real money" is over seas, or out of this biz... Pulling gear on an airbus doesn't seem to be the path to riches...

If you think real money is in any way associated with the front seat of any airplane, you are sadly mistaken. As long as you are working for someone else, you are making them rich, not yourself.

Jerry: "We're not even including Mesa in the industry average for pay negotiations."

Chip: "Mesa (and Pinnacle) are the new industry standard."

Left Mesa in 2006 and people gave me sh^t about leaving to an airline that "has ready reserve just like us". I am in the middle of 5 weeks off by using 2 weeks of vacation and my pay rate will be 140ish/hr next year. Please leave if you can no matter the pain of first year pay...or whatever the excuse.

If you think real money is in any way associated with the front seat of any airplane, you are sadly mistaken. As long as you are working for someone else, you are making them rich, not yourself.

So the average median household income in the US is about 51K per year. If someone is making 275K(5.4 times 51K) per year as a widebody Captain am I to understand that that person is unlikely to "make themselves rich"? Just how much annual income would you say is necessary to be rich?

BTW, the average income worldwide is 7K per year.

So the average median household income in the US is about 51K per year. If someone is making 275K(5.4 times 51K) per year as a widebody Captain am I to understand that that person is unlikely to "make themselves rich"? Just how much annual income would you say is necessary to be rich?

BTW, the average income worldwide is 7K per year.

Thank you.

Latest resources

Back