Meridian Air Charter at TEB

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

johnsonrod

Anyone have any good info on this Part 135 operator ("Gotham") at TEB? I have reviewed the website and I am aware that they are currently looking for Ultra and L35 pilots. Living within one hour of TEB is required.

Is this a good place to be? Anyone familiar with starting FO salary, QOL, schedules, morale, etc.? What's the likelihood and potential timeline of moving up to larger aircraft within the operation?

Love to hear the good, bad and ugly of Gotham.

PMs welcome.

Good operation from what I have heard. Obviously I see them all the time at TEB. Pilots sound happy but not sure about pay, QOL, etc.

Is it the old Millionair dept.? The FBO changed from Millionair to Meridian recently so people might be more familiar with the Millionair charter department there. Just a thought.

Meridian Air

Yes it is the old Millionair. Not a bad place to be, but it is 135, which means lower than average pay for the NYC area, and long hours, min rest, etc. 6 hard days off a month, which they generally don't mess with, but they will ask you to change them, doesn't seem to be any repurcussions for saying no on anything, ie wx, mx, duty times, but you have to say NO. They don't have a Lear anymore, and I don't know if they are looking for Ultra pilots. The www site on that stuff isn't kept current. Upgrade is based on ability and need, not seniority.

What's the latest on Meridian? Are they still hiring? What is the chance that someone with sufficient hours/experience (but no type) could get hired onto a Gulfstream (II through IV) as an FO? Little to no chance?

How would Meridian rank in terms of NYC-based charter operators (pay, QOL, quality of aircraft)? Top 25%?

Check the website, all current openings are listed there. F/O upgrades to the G-IV's usually come from within the company unless they don't have someone ready to fill the spot. They will hire typed/current capt.'s off the street as needed.
All small Cessna's are gone. Fleet is now 1 Excel, a couple Hawker 800's, 1 Falcon 2000, 1 Falcon 900 (in Denver), and about 4 G-IV's.

Benefits are okay, med/den, life @ 1x salary, LTD/STD, 401k etc.
Its typical 135 work, lots of short notice stuff. Some months it's brutal some are slow. 2hr callouts to wheels up are common and required slow plan on living near TEB. Not bad if you need a job but few stay longer than a couple/few years.

Latest resources

Back