MEI training question.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Rally

I have flown a PA-23-150. A Aztec is a PA-23-250. Can I give a BFR in a Aztec? I think so. (because I am a MEI and its not a rating) . I could also give a rating if I have more than 5 hours in a PA-23 period. (apache or aztec make and model) Tell me where I am wrong?

Thanks

Make: Cessna
Model: 172

Pretty straightforward. Not really any different than a car.

OK - well a 205 and a P210 are on the same TCDS? Are they the same model? Same for the PNavajo and Cheyenne II. If TCDS doesn't constitute model then what does? Would a B58 Baron be a different model than a G58?

This is specifically my question. Make: Cessna Model: 172 (or 172 A B C D etc). A PA-23-250 is a Aztec. A PA-23-150 is a Apache. Although I don't need 5 hours to give a BFR anyhow but for a regular rating I would. Grey area huh?

Thanks

You can give a BFR in any make and model provided the student is PIC. During a BFR or more correctly a flight review theortically you act as more of an observer than instructor.

As long as the pilot being reviewed is current and medically sound I don't believe the regs prevent you from giving a flight review in a make and model for which you do not have the required 5 hrs PIC.

You can give a BFR in any make and model provided the student is PIC. During a BFR or more correctly a flight review theortically you act as more of an observer than instructor.

As long as the pilot being reviewed is current and medically sound I don't believe the regs prevent you from giving a flight review in a make and model for which you do not have the required 5 hrs PIC.

You can give a BFR regardless of time in type or who is PIC. A BFR is not training for a certificate or rating.

Latest resources

Back