• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mediation Statement against FLOPS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
mudauber- your attiude pretty much sums up the EJI vs NJA conflict. What most EJI guys don't realize is that our hard work on the union side provides a better quality of life for the non union guys

A few cases in point-

Union got 7n7 for 50 percent of the pilots. EJI was working a 6/4 but magically they got 7n7 a couple of months ago. 1 extra day of work for 2 days off.

Hilton TEB- OUR hotel comittee worked very hard on this one. They worked with the Embassy suites to provide top notch service. Now we have it plus a hotel that actually has things and places to do around it. Once again the EJI guys get to benefit.

Changes in hotels around the system. These changes were implimented by our hotel comittee. What hotel comittee does the EJI guys have?

Our union contract. Yeah you can make all the snide remarks u want but our contract will affect EJI guys and all other fractionals. NJA fighting for a better future affects all fractional pilots. Yet negotiating a better contract is just one of the few things that we do. Hotel comittee, uniform comittee, travel comittee, compliance comittee, webteam. the list goes on.

So think about the big picture before you start saying that our union brings us nothing. It has benefited ours and yours quality of life many many times over. Oh yeah by the way did you notice that Southwest is union? How are you dealing with that?

Mudauber,

Congrats on your union job with Southwest. Be sure to thank all those pilots ahead of you on the list, as well as, former pilots. Their hard work over the years has allowed you the time home with your young family.

I with my 1800+ union brothers&sisters are working hard to make, my home, Netjets the desired place to be. I will continue to support the union as we help the Netjets too see our value.

Sorry ahead of time for the slam, but you did write you left a non- union job for a union job. My guess is SWAPA is not for looks alone.

Have a Great Day!

quote from infoman:

"Mudauber,

Congrats on your union job with Southwest. Be sure to thank all those pilots ahead of you on the list, as well as, former pilots. Their hard work over the years has allowed you the time home with your young family. "

Very well said.....

I find it extremely ironic that mudauber is slamming unions, yet he is enjoying the benefits of the union at Southwest. A unionized job that he went to so that he could enjoy more time at home with his young family. (the word hypocrit comes to mind)

Hypocrite? Southwest would be a good company to work for with or without a union.

Those guys and girls fly their azzes off everyday, short hops, in and out of the gate in 15 mins and they are always smiling.

Ever met a SW pilot that said they hated their job? I don't think so. If I was offered a job at Southwest, I would go fly for them even if the mafia truckdrivers union was in place, because their management knows how to run a business and treat their employees like family.

The **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** union has nothing to do with that.

"their management knows how to run a business and treat their employees like family."

I do not necessarily disagree with the above statement but why would you have a union, want a union, need a union or start a union. Are you saying the above is true because of the union or because of the above, you have a union?

JetCapt69

I don't think anyone is denying the fact that SWA is a great company to work for. I think a point was trying to be made to an ex-NJI non union member that went to work for SWA. You can read the post below for yourself.

I figure the Teamsters must be paying your salary or you wouldn't be spouting such BS. All the Unions have done a wonderful job for pilots. Charlie Bryant killed Eastern, they've turned a good $200,000 dollar a year job at US Air into a $100,000 a year job - not to mention cutting the pension from nearly $100,000 to $28,000 if your lucky enough to not have to pay money back. They managed list integration just peachy with the American/TWA merger - Oh! I forgot, they didn't and most of the TWA guys are gone. They really stood up for Northwest and UAL pilots when they needed them and IBT is helping Netjets pilots get paid Citation 2 wages for flying Falcons. Great. That's really money well spent. I also really enjoy the way the unions try to rule by intimidation.

So you leave a non-union company to go and work for a unionized company that you so despise. That sounds very negative and hypocritical to me.

Didn't mauddauber only work 6 on and 4 off? Or was it he felt forced to stay out longer and do a little butt kissing to make sure he advanced at his non union company on some of those long international trips? Maybe that is why he went to SWA where he could be just a number, upgrade when his number allowed him too, and not based on the amount of brown nosing he did. Now he can stay home and enjoy the benefits of work rules negotiatied by his union AND company.

When I worked for EJI we were flying 6 on and 5 off with the first and last day of the duty period a protected travel day. The last time I talked to Joe Murphy, he told me they were now on 7 and 7 because that's what his guys wanted to do.

Unions are pretty much a necessary evil if you want to work for an airline - they're closed shops - so I chose the least egregious one. SWAPA is not exactlly a part of our daily lives and it's a non-profit pilot's organization. From what I hear, the IBT has EJA so tied up contractually, they couldn't dump the union if they wanted to.

Muddy

The truth ?

here is no contract between the union and the members. There are rules, regulations and laws that control the interaction. So whom ever you are listening to knows very little. It is all part of the RLA. The pilots of NJ are not tied up with a contract with the IBT anymore than are the pilots of SWA with their union.

Latest resources

Back