• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

MD-11 drivers, how well does she perform

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I remember watching a bare aluminum MD-11 doing touch and goes in Yuma for hours on end when I was based their.
Anyway I don't know much about her except she's big and has big engines. Someone posted this on a microsoft flightsim message board, well I'll just post the link, it's kind of funny, some guy is talking about how he flys the MD-11, just wonder how the real drivers do it, here's the link
http://www.flightsimnetwork.com/dcforum/DCForumID10/43119.html

Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
Fairly new to the MD11 myself but I know when it came out it didnt have the range it was promised to have. After several years of tweeking everything you can imagine, it now is capable of doing what it is supposed to have been able to.
Bear in mind that big airplanes that have the range of an Md-11 carry alot of gas.(about 257- 278000 pounds). On short flights with little payload it can do what the guy basically described( I think it is quite abit overpowered compared to dc-10)
Normally on take off we rotate to about 18 degrees and maintain that to acceleration altitude( roughly 1000 feet- varies) then accelerate and retract flaps and slats- when heavey the minimum manuevering speeds are usaully around 285 kts(even below 10000) and at 10000 we acceleate again- normally to 355 and continue climb to altitude
Depends on a few things but our md-11 have a max take-off weight of 630,500 lpounds- It handles quite abit different at 325000

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back