Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

j41driver

Negotiating Progress
Your Negotiating Committee met with Company representatives today. There are still significant gaps remaining and little progress is being made. More information will be forthcoming as it becomes available.

Negotiations are tentatively scheduled to continue tomorrow.

1-800-TAG-ALPA

Last edited:
What the@#$# is going on?

It would be nice to know what exactly are union is turning down and what will happen now that we have missed the United bid, are we screwed? Just curious!! Stay strong!!

WARNING: CREW ROOM BS IN THIS POST

Ok, take this for what it's worth...

One of the guys in the CVG crew room who's friends with some of the guys that know the negotiators best friend's sister's exboyfriend who knew this guy who went out with this girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night:

One of the sticking points.. well a HUGE sticking point.. is that the company wants to negotiate a clause that would allow the company to use our ACJet certificate to start up a non-union carrier.. a la Freedumb.

WELL NO SHYT TALKS ARE STALLED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jezus Tom, are you fuking nutz? If this is true do you really think we'd give in to something like that?? You could pay me $100K a year and I'd still turn down that little offer!!!!!!!

The general consensous with the pilots that I've talked to is we'd let the place burn before giving into concessions unless they can PROVE that the consessions will make the difference and they WILL fix the GawdDamm inefficiencies we have at this company. Oh, and if you want some of my money, you'd better give me something in return. Start paying stock. I want more days off, better health insurance and a bigger kock while we're at it!!

Quite a few of the Dojet FOs are bailing to better paying jobs (Helicopter, air ambulance type stuff). The FO I just flew with is studying for a Comair interview (he's hoping to get one soon.. I wish him luck!)

Patriot

Patriot,

I heard the same thing about the non-union carrier from several different sources over the past few days. Doesn't mean it's absolutely true, but I wouldn't put it past management.

IF the rumor is true, glad you guys identified the 'Freedom' bug and are trying to kill it instead of letting it lose so the whole industry might catch it.

Good luck, and know that all pilots (except the 80 or so tools that went to Freedom b/f MESA killed it by poisoning the whole pond) should be behind you guys and support any efforts you make to keep the flying within your own group.

Whether you hate unions or not, this alter-ego carrier idea must be put down ASAP!

Hopefully it's just a rumor, nothing more. Hopefully . . .
-Boo!

According to our contract, any flying done by ACAI corporation (i.e., ACA or ACJet) has to be done by pilots on the single ACAI seniority list. I do not see any possibility of us ever giving away that one crucial part.

46Driver said:
According to our contract, any flying done by ACAI corporation (i.e., ACA or ACJet) has to be done by pilots on the single ACAI seniority list. I do not see any possibility of us ever giving away that one crucial part.

Without that little part, the rest of our contract would be worthless. You're right. I highly doubt we'd be willing to give that up at any cost.

One of our guys posted on the alpa board that a TA was reached (heck it could have been you 46Driver, I don't know who's who on this board :)). Nothing from the union yet, though.

We'll see.

Latest resources

Back