• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

MAXjet Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
B757Driver - How long has your company been in business? MAXjet's first revenue flight was less than a year ago. Second-year pay scales will come out soon.

You don't go to a startup for the pay. You go for the opportunity to get in on the ground floor of something that could be huge. Yes, it is a high-risk, high-reward type of a situation, and for some a startup is too much of a headache.

But if you believe in the business plan, the difference of pay in the first few years might be the best investment you've ever made...

Longer than yours but then it is a foreign ACMI carrier.

And.....I know ALL about start-ups! I used to fly for a US one for 3 years before they went belly up. They too, were not the greatest payers but I went there for QOL, not the pay. However, my perspectve is much different now that I'm forced to work overseas to make a living. I would need a comparable job (in financial terms) for me to come back and as we all know, US airlines pay the LOWEST when compared to most of the rest of the world. There's a strange irony in that.......

My point was that to even be considered by MAXjet, you needed 10,000 hrs and turbine PIC to even be considered. Why is that? I've been flyng international for a number of years, have 6500 SIC on 4 Boeings - including the 767 - and currently fly the 747 on international routes world-wide but, according to previous posts, I wouldn't even be considered. That's just plain crazy but what I've come to expect when dealing with some US carriers.

Far too many petty and arbitrary restrictions like they're something special, which they ain't!!

You don't need to have 10,000 hours to apply with MAXjet. I was actually hired with 6000 hours. I heard that 5000 is an absolute minimum. They do require some PIC turbine time due to fast upgrades.

Cheers.

You don't need to have 10,000 hours to apply with MAXjet. I was actually hired with 6000 hours. I heard that 5000 is an absolute minimum. They do require some PIC turbine time due to fast upgrades.

Cheers.

OK then, would my 6000+ international jet time (SIC) count. Have PIC but not turbine PIC as I've been laid off so many times by so-called good carriers. Would my 39 hrs as PIC u/s count? Did not have chance to finish Capt IOE as the company ceased operations!!
I don't see what PIC turbine has to do with upgrades anyway. They are hiring you into the RHS first, for at least a year, then they are going to train you according to their SOPs, so what's the big deal here. I could understand better if they were hiring DECs - but they are not!

No thanks, I am sure it is a grate company.
There's nothing wrong with foundry work, sooner or later you can transition into man hole covers and new hire hydrants.

Latest resources

Back