• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Man dies after being restrained by PAX

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Such a waste. If he didn't continue to be disruptive and be a serious potential threat to the aircraft, he might have had his heart attack a bit later and lived.

Certainly he didn't deserve death just for being an alcoholic loser, but he has no one to blame but himself. Who knows? This could have been a ruse to initiate a hijack...not this particular case, per se, but the concept. The passengers had no idea what the guy was up to.

No doubt his family will sue, making future passengers less likely to intercede when a hijack attempt does occur.

I wondered what that was about... I saw the flight land with all the fire trucks, police, and airport ops trucks chasing behind.

Nowadays passengers are not going to take peoples crap. Drunk or not, you do not disrupt an a/c in any way. It's a very sad lesson to learn, maybe it will deter others from acting so recklessly. You certaintly can't blame the passengers for protecting their lives (so they thought). It's comforting, in a way, to know that people will act towards such behavior. So before you act, just remember others are watching and are willing to act against.

Passenger dies on flight to New York!

Deleted.

Message was merged with this thread. Previous message was pointing to this thread.

Last edited:
7 rugby players???

I know rugby players pretty well (used to be one :) ), and I find it strange that 7 of them were needed to restrain one guy. I also know that we'll use more force than necessary just for fun.

It's sad that he's dead, but if you're acting like a jackass, a good beating should be given. Then people would learn, we need to get tougher on some things and stop taking crap from everyone (or it just builds up and we go a little overboard).

Deterence is a good thing. I might include it in passenger briefs.

"Sit back relax, and enjoy the flight. Incidentally, if you fail to sit back and relax, you will be killed. Thank you for flying with the Grace L Ferguson Airline and Storm Door company."

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back