Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BigPappa

Name is Mitch Buchannon
Who has had more accidents in the last 20 yrs? Was it the Majors or the Regionals?
Anyone?

Typically speaking, Regionals are exposed to critical phases of flight more often than majors so that needs to be taken into account when commenting. Most accidents happen in the t/o or ldg phase of the flight.

I know that there are some smart people on here who can give some good insight. I say just compare 1 to 1 as in for one flight at the regionals to one flight at the majors.

what is the point of the question? SWA has more t/o and landings than any other. Do you want to look at that as well? Dumb thread.

Bill if you don't have an answer then please don't respond, thank you!
Bye bye

Typically speaking, Regionals are exposed to critical phases of flight more often than majors so that needs to be taken into account when commenting. Most accidents happen in the t/o or ldg phase of the flight.

But if you look over a time span of 20 years, regionals just started getting big in the late 90's early 2000's...it seems that USAir was making a bad habit of crashing in the 90's.

For the record:
Accident rates are roughly double at the feeders compared to the majors.

That's because we say the word "dude" on the CVR at a significantly higher rate at the regionals than do the majors.

For the record:
Accident rates are roughly double at the feeders compared to the majors.

And the reason for it was stated above. Regionals do a lot more flying during a critical stage of flight then the majors do.

I'm sure the fact that there are some regional FO's that carry backpacks (although I am starting to see some seriously old US Air guys using them) and have spiky hair. I bet that really contributes to the accident rate. I bet if we all dressed and looked like poindexters there wouldn't be a single accident ever.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back