Luggage Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

IFLYASA

Ok, after 2 Travel Pro's in 2 years, and 2 cheapys prior to that, it's time to break down and get the real deal. I'm looking at the Luggageworks/Pretty Neat Stuff bags ( luggageworksonline.com ). Would anyone owning these bags choose the metal or plastic version? I know the metal is much heavier and gets dented over time, whereas the plastic will not. Does anyone have any experience with the plastic version? Also, between the 22 and 26 inch versions, Will the 26" fit in the overhead of the CRJ? I've seen the 22" fit. It says the 26" is not carry on legal. I'm wondering if this will be a real issue commuting. Any big differences between the Stealth Next Generation Bag and the Executive Pilot Bag? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

I think the reason the 26" isn't considered a legal carry on is it won't fit wheels first in the extended overheads on mainline airplanes.

I have a metal 22", absolutely love it. It fits in the CRJ overheads stuffed full of 4 days worth of stuff.

I don't know anyone with the plastic version, but I see plenty of dented old metal framed ones still doing fine after years of abuse. I flew with an FO recently who metla framed 22 looked like it had been out in a hail storm, lots of paint worn off, dents etc. It worked just fine. (he was furloughed major, ex regional, bag was many years old)

I have a metal frame Purdy Neat and after 2 years had to send it back in to have the frame replaced, which cost me $33 (not covered by warranty) and took over 3 weeks. The suitcase is very heavy compared to others.

You may look into the Costco 22 inch carry-on. I know of a few people with them, and they are very happy with them. Lifetime warranty and Costco will replace it with a new one just by bringing it into the store (so I've heard). They run around $80.

I have the Pretty Neat 27" bag and it fits great in the overhead of a CRJ. It's the same as the 23" in every dimension except its height.

You might want to try Crewneeds.com. It's owned by an ASA Captain. Its worth a look.

701EV

I have had both versions of the bags. I would recommend the metal frame due to the way our bags are carried and treated by the rampers.

The metal frame may dent, but imagine what the plastic frame would have done if treated the same way.

Well, I just bought the 28" plastic version. I figured since it can fit in the CRJ overhead bin, then the rampers can't destroy it. It was much lighter than the steel version, and about 50 bucks cheaper. It still has the metal protective corners like the steel version. First crack of the plastic, I'll make a post.. Thanks for the info..

What is the largest bag that can fit in the CRJ overhead?

I am looking at the PNT stealth 22" (22"x15"x8") Will it fit??

Thanks

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back