Love flying or hate it?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not all 29,345

Bender if interested just go to jsfirm.com and post a resume under USA Jet DA-20 F/O, it will be screened and if qualified you will be sent an on-line application. Starting pay $35K, however must live in Detroit and wear a pager, this keeps the number of applicants down. So not all the 29,644 will apply, if we got that many applying we would have to do something like some airlines and require a college degree, althought it has nothing to do with flying an airplane, to cut down the numbers to a manageable level.

Last edited:
So you're saying that you can not provide those outstanding opportunities for all 29,000 of us? Then why do you keep advertising how spectacular it is on every single thread on which you post?

you have to believe,

Bender sure I can provide opportunities for all 29K, I just get to be more selective on which of the 29K get a job. BTW most pilots don't believe me anyway, it is on-demand cargo you know.

Last edited:
Papps said:
Thats the problem. The people that stand up for the piss poor life of aviation are guys that are comparing it to something that sucked pretty bad in its own right. Thats like having two girls, one weighing 280 pounds and one 230 pounds. By comparison your nailing a princess if you nab the 230 pounder, but in reality your still taging a fat chick.

Hmmm. At least you'd be getting laid.

Maybe that's my problem, I'd much rather have a glass half full and enjoy life than bitching about how no one will fill up my half empty cup.

If it's so bad for you, leave. Nobody is forcing you to do it.

Ralgha said:
With only a couple exceptions (Gulfstream, Great Lakes), you will make more as a first year regional FO making minimum monthly guarentee than working 40 hours a week at McDonalds on starting wages.

Ummm...great? McDonalds has set that bar pretty high, but i guess the regionals have managed to stay competitive, just barely.

positiveg said:
Honestly, I don't think anyone who is member of an aviation forum hates flying so what's the point of asking?

Just saying, not trying to be a d*ck.
Word.

Turkey Shoot said:
Hmmm. At least you'd be getting laid.

Maybe that's my problem, I'd much rather have a glass half full and enjoy life than bitching about how no one will fill up my half empty cup.

If it's so bad for you, leave. Nobody is forcing you to do it.

Have fun with your half full glass and your studio apartment. Your not the only guy on here that had to work crap jobs before getting a shot to fly. But im sure that everyone was waiting to hear about your ditch digging skills. If your happy with junk pay and QOL than thats fine because there is plenty of that around. Managers love content brainless workers. The thread is called "flying love it or hate it" nobody is forcing you to read it.

If you wanted something different than click on a thread that says "I want a shiny jet so bad that i am willing to bend over"

Papps said:
Have fun with your half full glass and your studio apartment. Your not the only guy on here that had to work crap jobs before getting a shot to fly. But im sure that everyone was waiting to hear about your ditch digging skills. If your happy with junk pay and QOL than thats fine because there is plenty of that around. Managers love content brainless workers. The thread is called "flying love it or hate it" nobody is forcing you to read it.

If you wanted something different than click on a thread that says "I want a shiny jet so bad that i am willing to bend over"

What? This coming from a 26 year old? Get a grip junior! Seeing your age I am pretty sure you are also one of those that did a CAPT program just to hired without instructing. You are probably one of the real problems. Had there been a reg that precluded anyone with less than ATP mins to fly 121, you'd probably still be in mommy and daddy's basement.

I love all crap that people talk on these boards. I'll meet with any of you if the schedules match and you'll hear the exact same things out of my mouth. I am fairly sure however, you don't have the sand to make the same claims as you do on this board.

And....... No is forcing your young self to read this thread either.

Turkey shoot; hang in there you got the right idea, somehow it drives some people on this board nuts when you say you like your job and pay is not bad for starting out.

pilotyip said:
Turkey shoot; hang in there you got the right idea, somehow it drives some people on this board nuts when you say you like your job and pay is not bad for starting out.
Word. The bigger/faster the plane, the bigger the suitcase.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back