Lost medical then job. Need input.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Hemispheres

I have experienced two major setbacks in the last couple of weeks and looking for input.
March 1, 2006 I sustained a head injury that left me unconscious for approx. two minutes, a concussion, and fifteen staples to the back of the head. Compounding matters the FAA became involved and yanked my medical and as of this posting have not been cleared to return to flying. I do anticipate on hearing from the FAA this week clearing me to fly.

The company I worked for as Citation Excel Capt., axed the flight dept. and laid off four pilots and put the AC on the market as of Thursday of last week.

I would like to test the waters with Citation Shares or NetJets and would be proud to work for either organization. I would probably have to lean towards Citation Shares because they do not have the five domicle restrictions that NetJet requires. What is my question? I really do not not know but desiring inut/ideas on what direction to move towards. Not a great situation to be in. Hemispheres.

You need to find an AME who is board certified in aerospace medicine, otherwise regaining your certificate is going to be a nightmare. PM me and I'll provide you with some info.

I 2nd what LJDRVR said.

I hope things get better for you. Good luck!

If not...and I don't know how you feel about instructing, but SimCom is always looking for Citation instructors...good luck tho getting your med back...tough break.

Eric

Definately find a good AME. I lost my medical back in 99 for nearly fainting on the flight deck. It took me over three years to get it back. But, my case was pretty complicated and yours is fairly cut and dry, no pun intended. They know what happened and what caused your loss of consciousness. Now, they just want to make sure you don't have a bleed inside your skull. Expect to have a few CT scans of your brain and possibly an MRI. Sometimes they make you wait a specified period of time before allowing you to fly to see if a bleed develops. Rare, but possible, a bleed can be very small and take some time before it develops. PM me if you want.

Best of luck to you.

PS: I was also the ALPA aeromedical chairman at the airline I used to work for. Let me know if I can help.

Try,

http://www.aviationmedicine.com/

or

http://www.leftseat.com/

David Hale, the doc who runs leftseat.com, helped me arrange a medical school elective rotation with Guy Baldwin. Guy is an AME in Tulsa who works with them a good bit. He's something like the 3rd busiest AME in the US and knows most if not all of the FAA docs. Guy is an avid pilot (I got to ride in his T6 and Extra 300) who wants to get people back in the air and knows how to negotiate the system. I spent two weeks watching him work, and he would be the person I would use for any complicated medical issue.

His website is www.acrodoc.com

Sheesh..i'd say a beer and a hooker are in order. If you are married, sorry..just replace with gambling. Hope things turn around.

W

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back