loss of medical insurance ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BGSM

Are there any companies that provide loss of medical insurance ? Kinda tough if you loose your medical and can't fly would this be disabilty insurance ?

No, not disability. I doubt you could get any long term disability that spells out "own- occupation" for pilots and have it include loss of medical. If you could, you couldn't afford it.

Try Lloyd's. They may be the only ones.

I was told by an Afflac (SP) representative that their disability insurance will cover you if you cannot perform YOUR job. I specifically asked in respect to the pilot job and loss of medical.

The fine print, the small amount that I read, said that as long as any other job you were working didn't pay you more than 80% (or something like that) of what you were making, you would still receive benefits. One caveat, I have not seen the actual terms of coverage, only what was written in the brouchure.

Not sure if he was being a "salesman" or what, but it may be worth a call to them. I do not have the coverage.

I got a brochure from the AOPA once that advertised loss of medical insurance, but I'm not sure if they still offer it. Might be worth checking on.

Latest resources

Back