• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Loss of drivers license

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You're going to need to be a little more specific than that.

If you're referring to DWI/DUI as it relates to 14 CFR 61.15, the term used by the FAA is "Motor Vehicle Action. The FAA defines the mva as a conviction, cancellation/supension or revocation of driving certification/privileges, or or refusal to issue driving privileges based on an offense involving operation of a vehicle while intoxicated with alcohol or drugs. That definition takes it beyond a mere DUI.

Also consider that some states or jurisdictions treat a tired driver the same as a drunk driver, and while you aren't driving under the influence, you may be driving impaired. Many jurisdictions also consider legal impairment to include over the counter drugs that might be affecting judgement...you don't have to blow over the limit to get reigned in on this one.

An MVA is tied directly to offenses, suspensions, denals, etc, involving alcohol or drugs...but be aware that you can still fall into that category by statute, without actually being under the influence, or when still using a legal substance.

You should also be aware that many employers will look unfavorably upon diving suspension or revocation, regardless of the cause. From the employers perspective...if one can't be entrusted with a car, why should one be entrusted with a six million dollar airplane?

What is the nature of the infraction and the loss of driving privileges?

Thanks for the info...
My state has a rule to where if a driver gets over 3 moving violations within 24 months they lose their drivers license for 30 days. Well I had 4. No seat belt, rolling through a stop sign, No blinker for a lane change, and a speeding ticket. None had any form of intoxication. So what I am under the impresion is that a pilot only has to notify the faa if it involves intoxication of any form???
Thanks.

Wow, I do that everyday. Luckily I live in a state where the cops don't care. What state do you live in?

Latest resources

Back