Loss of 2 Fellow Pilots in Alaska

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

r1830

:( An Alaska Central Express BE1900 went down yesterday off Sand Point Alaska with the loss of both crew members, pilot Ameer Ali and co-pilot Emily Lewis. The Coast Guard called off the search. My Sincere and heartfelt condolances to the families, friends and coworkers who have been affected by the loss of these two fine aviators.

http://www.adn.com/news/alaska/rural/story/1105193.html

that is truly sad I have had the opportunity to meet several ACE pilots and they are very good at what they do.

Ace

That's the second BE1900 they've lost, that I know of. The other was a weight and balance issue, loaded way aft similar to an AMF accident in Seattle. Those were both landing mishaps though.

God rest and keep you, Freight Dog brothers and sisters.

TM

Sorry to hear that. I have a lot of respect for ACE pilots who slug it out in the worst, constant conditions around.

That is devastating to hear. Used to go to Sand Point a lot...could be a tricky area with low ceilings and wind. Tailwinds forever

Sorry to hear that. I have a lot of respect for ACE pilots who slug it out in the worst, constant conditions around.

Back in the day that ACE ran single pilot ops I jumpseated a couple of times with them. Lotta work dealing with the weather in The Greatland.

Godspeed and my thoughts and prayers for the friends and family of the crew.

Latest resources

Back