Looks like the Teamsters dropped the ball

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Sun Tzu

Just talked to a friend from Netjets this morning. Sounds like the Teamsters dropped the ball. Let me quote him; "They weren't even in the game". I thought the teamsters were a hard nosed organization willing to fight for the members. I guess times change, not the teamsters I have heard of in the past. Flight Options and others thinking about organizing should run and run as fast as possible from them.

Great Job at Zantop

I think the Teamsters put together a contract at Zantop after the going out of business sale, that pays a L-188 Capt less than a USA Jet DA-20 Captain. With Zantop getting 8 days off per month, versus 11 days off per month in the DA-20. Like I have said before they took dues out of the severence pay from Zantop, I think that is about all the contactI had with them.

Mt past experience with the Teamsters Airline Division was that they were only slightly worse than management. Our leadership seemed to spend a lot of time having conferences in Las Vegas.

I hope you guys arent paying dues to these idiots. Sorry they were so lame in their efforts. It will definitely slow the wage increases across the 135 carriers if it passes. I hope you guys throw the teamsters out on their a**es.

Unfortunately there is not much choice at the moment. Most companies in this industry need union representation, and if you have some clout in DC, better use it. ALPA is certainly no better and probably worse. Look who they represent. A bunch of bankrupt or soon to be bankrupt legacy carriers. The only thing Duane Worthless is concerned about is his cushy job, and getting his picture in that worthless fish wrap they call a magazine. I'm sure we will work withing the IBT structure until we hit the wall. Our biggest problem now is the local 284. We make up slightly less than half the membership; the rest are beer truck drivers. Don't worry, there is a movement afoot to either take over the local or start our own. The Airline Division is no help either.

I hate to say it but even the NorthWest F/A 's had enough brains to dump the Teamsters.Took them some time, but they did it.

The teamsters never had the ball, it appears every play was called and run by the company. Three years of defense, for a piece of crap contract the company is dying to have.
God help us if we don't vote this down with a loud voice. I won't work there under the proposed TA.

Latest resources

Back