Looking for information on International Flight Training Academy

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jmax757

I may have an opportunity to work at this academy, and I was wondering if anyone out there had any info on what I might expect on the interview, what it's like to work there, and what the city of Bakersfield is like.

I hear things have changed since I left in '03, but the interview when I worked there was an all day affair. Think airline interview...There were two writtens, one knowledge, and 1 psych. eval. A technical interview (know your manuevers and how to teach them) as well as the other standard HR questions, and a flight portion in the aircraft(all under the hood). I believe the flight portion is now completed in the sims. It is(was) a step by step interview. Meaning if you don't pass one part, the interview is over.

Working there...Mon-Fri 8-5 give or take. No weekends and very few nights. Only when the syllabus requires it. Website is www.Ifta.aero if you haven't already been there.

Living in Bakersfield...It's close to everything. 2 hours to the beach, 1.5 to L.A., 4 hours to Vegas, close to skiing, hiking, kayaking...Cheapest city in CA to live.

Last edited:
I don't know that I've ever heard of them attending career fairs. I faxed my resume to them and received a call a couple of days later. At the time, I had about 800 total with 500 Dual given, CFI, and CFII. They paid for my MEI.

Good deal - they paid for your training...I understand they pay a bit more than a CFI would normally get at a local FBO.

Is it true they like a two year commitment?

IMHO , two years commitment in snchange for decent pay and QOL in a well managed professional company (with motivated students who are prepared...) is a good deal....

-LA

Latest resources

Back