looking for info on pay and bennies,

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

conan80

Anyone have an idea as to pay and bennies for a tech position with a 135 operator with a 601 and possably some lears on the way ,in the north east. What should i be asking for? Seems like a reputable operator with plans to grow.

First of all...welcome to the Hangar!
Nice another mech around the old place.

Are you looking for a position as a DOM? or just a wrench?

I really cannot help you with the pay, but I know that there is someone here that is in the area that can help you more. I am in Texas. I just passed on an operation that needed someone of my position at their 135 and the upper management passed at $27/hour. That was too much for them to chew.
You might think that that is a lot for this area (and I am sure a few stick shakers will chime in on this) but I am happy where I am at with the lesser pay because I would be paying twice the amount for insurance at that company.

Here is a little formula for you to look at before you sign on. If you are comfortable with the pay you are making right now, you are making enought to pay the bills and get a little in the pocket for a date with momma on Saturday night. Then ask the new company what you would have to pay for benefits. If it is less than what you are making right now...go for it! You win!
If the benefits there are more than what you are paying for right now then do the math to figure out what it cost per year and divide that by 2080 and that amount will be what you need to ask for above your current hourly rate.
If it is a salary position, your hourly rate times 2080 plus what you think you will be working in overtime (that you will not be getting paid any extra for) needs to cosidered.

I work with a mechanic who was with an aircraft management company in Road Island. They had 2 C-601 and he was making around $70,000 a year.
He left there two years ago. It is very expensive up there.

Stal6

Latest resources

Back