Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

TrafficInSight

mmmm.... doooonuuuut.
Anyone know a salvage place around that has a Beech Duchess?

TrafficInSight said:
Anyone know a salvage place around that has a Beech Duchess?
Try White Industries in Missouri. Also, there is a junked out one over on the West side of the downtown airport in Kansas City sitting in the same hangar (8-B I think) it's been in for the past decade+. Call Executive Beech and ask for the East Side line service manager (816/480-3631 or 842-8484). J. Mott, M. Coyle, or M. Lavenburg will know who owns it and how you can get it if they are willing to part with it. Good luck.

The Western Aerospace Museum in OAK had one donated to them a few years back. One of the instructors at Sierra Academy attempted to have one of his students do a last minute, single engine go around in Petaluma and the thing Vmc'd at low alt, smacking a wingtip on the runway and spinning to a stop. No one was injured.

A 709 ride later the CFI was good to go, the airframe was a write off. I think they put it on a flatbed and trucked it back to Oakland. I don't know if its still there, but last time I drove by it was just sitting in the yard gathering dust...

Thanks for the info!

[N81713]Round black "thingy" broken.
[N2147G]Compass off 30 degrees. (move timer -mx)
[N46473]Aircraft needs right rudder on takeoff.

LOL

frog_flyer said:

LOL

I wish I were making that one up...

White Industries! Run far away. Mr. White is a Big Liar. He could not tell the truth or be honest if it was going to kill him. He probably has screwed his own mother. Customer service he does not have. You have to wait for ever to get him to price anything, as he micro manages the place into the ground. If you need a part and he has it and he is the only one with it, I suggest you scrap your airplane before doing business with them.

Thats not the way I was treated at White Industries. I've made several purchases from White and was always satisfied with the results. Aviation is too small a community for them to be in business as long as they have been with treating customers badly. Although isolated incidences do happen with any establishment.

frog_flyer said:

LOL

thats funny, ive had the same problem just difrent numbers...do we work at the same place? i had 2 students tell me that i cant take that airplane because they just wrote it up. i asked why and they say it needed right rudder on takeoff

Kream926 said:
thats funny, ive had the same problem just difrent numbers...do we work at the same place? i had 2 students tell me that i cant take that airplane because they just wrote it up. i asked why and they say it needed right rudder on takeoff

I think it must be everywhere ;)

I've gotten one (same airplane) "Aircraft oil level low."

There's a drum full of oil and an oil can in the back of the hangar :p

Latest resources

Back