Looking for a job 550TT 200 multi

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

shortbus driver

I am looking for a job that is fulltime with benefits flying...preferably in the midwest, but hey I am not that picky.

I have 550TT with 200 multi 140 in a transport category multi engine turbine.

Thanks,

Shortbus

Flight Instruct

With your time it looks like flight instructing would be your best option. I just saw an add for American Winds Aviation in sunny Akron, Ohio looking for fulltime cfi/cfii/mei.

As mentioned, call around to flight schools and try to get a CFI gig. If you don't have your CFI certificate, the jobs are going to be very limited, if non-existent.

Good Luck

shortbus driver said:
I am looking for a job that is fulltime with benefits flying...preferably in the midwest, but hey I am not that picky.

Thanks,

Shortbus

How did you get to fly a Shorts? Pay to play I'm assuming...good luck with that.

shortbus driver said:

Thanks,

Shortbus

if you find something, please keep me posted....i'll give you a dollar.

rway36 said:
With your time it looks like flight instructing would be your best option. I just saw an add for American Winds Aviation in sunny Akron, Ohio looking for fulltime cfi/cfii/mei.

run far far away

Four years ago, I was in your shoes. low time, no multi, no CFI etc etc. I tried getting a job trying to put the cart before the horse and all I had was frustration. I flew skydivers for a while and then did some ME deliveries, but nothing could build the flight time that I got instructing.

The key to getting employed is as follows.

Flight instruct, get your CFII as soon as you can and start teaching instrument students. Build up the skills.

at about 900 to 1000 hours get your MEI and do your best to build the multi time. The more the better. Any flying on the side you can do, the better.

You want to try to fly about 100 hours a month.

When you start getting close to 135 IFR mins, 1200tt etc, start sending resumes out to all the cargo guys, Airnet, Amflight, MAC, Empire are a few of the good ones. As you continue to instruct, continue to update resumes and follow up with a phone call every so often.

If you are not a dork, or a jerk, you will get a job.

Fly cargo for a couple years, get your TT and ME time up and try to get upgraded to a turbine as fast as you can bid into one. This is the best and most fun flying you will ever do, cherish it, take advantage of it, because it only gets more boring from here on out.

At about 3000tt and 1500me you are going to be competitive for most of the fractionals, and depending on what cargo company MAYBE swa, notice the size of the maybe. Of course, who knows.. You may like it at the cargo companies and decide to stay, it's been known to happen.

If you try to circumvent the process, your skills will suffer. Don't jump on the regional bandwagon, build the skills and experience. It's tough and right now it looks like it sucks.

Aviation is about the journey and IF you are lucky and save your cash and plan for furloughs, and retirement it can be about the destination.

Good luck.

sb

Latest resources

Back