Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hi!

If U guys want 2 go 4 the record, here's the info:
I flew 1 glider flight/lesson, out of Bozeman, in the Winter. It's in a large valley, with a mtn. ridge to the East (Bridger Bowl Ski Area).

The tow dropped us off and we went over on the windward side of the ridge and did spins, wingovers, for a couple of hours.

The instructor says the winds blow west out of NW Canada, and hit the ridge, blowing very strongly up hill. He said you could stay up for 3-4 months without a problem, until the Spring weather hit.

Now U need to figure out a way to get food and water to the pilot-kind of like glider air-to-air refueling.

cliff
LRD

My current longest flight is right at 5 hours, in a IS28-B2 Lark with my instructor. Longest solo duration was last Thursday in my Cherokee II at 3 hrs 40 minutes, also got my best distance that flight, 169 km. Not too shabby for a 23:1 antique glider.

tonycondon said:
My current longest flight is right at 5 hours, in a IS28-B2 Lark with my instructor. Longest solo duration was last Thursday in my Cherokee II at 3 hrs 40 minutes, also got my best distance that flight, 169 km. Not too shabby for a 23:1 antique glider.

Where were you flying?

Latest resources

Back