Logbook question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Talian

I had been away from flying for awhile and have been considering trying to get on with a regional. My question is... my logbooks are in less than good condition, pages falling out, some whiteout marks etc... On top of all that my first logbook was lost right after I got my CFI 15 years ago. I got all my 8710s from the FAA to verify my experience up to that point. My main question is..should I get a new logbook and transpose eerything or just present them as they are.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Yes. It looks very professional. I already had 4000 hours by the time that I got logbook pro. It would take quite a while to go through and enter those hours. I ended up making an entry for each type of aircraft and entering those totals. I would still take the old ones to an interview as a backup though.

Last edited:
I use Safelog, works very nice, zero complaints, highly recommended. Logbook as stated here seems to work well also, have only used the free test version. For me Safelog is a bit more intuitive. My advice use one of the two, any of the others suck, I have tried them. Or use an Excel based program.

Transfered over 6000 hrs to Safelog, completely ditched my old paper logbooks. Have been to a number of interviews all commented on how well they like they format.

Last edited:
Thanks again for all the info. I went ahead and got the logbook pro professional edition.
It seems like a daunting task to enter all the info but it sure looks professional and the graphs are really nice. Happy Flying

Latest resources

Back