Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Logbook Landings adding up for interview?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Rally

I am probably over thinking this. But in my logbook(s) all my times add up perfectly but I have pages and pages of landings that were never added up but were logged. Do I really need to worry about adding them on for the interview? It could take me days!!!! Anybody know? Seems trivial as as long as I logged them and show night currency etc. Who really cares how many thousands of landings I have?

Thanks

Yes, you are over thinking it, and no, you don't have to worry. I've never had anyone notice that I hadn't added up my landings either. I do keep a pretty clean and accurate logbook, but even when they did spend quite some time looking it over (America West) they obviously didn't care that the totals for landing weren't added up.

Far, far more important is your attitude during the interview. Are you relaxed but attentive? Are you friendly without being obnoxious? Are you someone they wouldn't mind spending the next four days with in the cockpit? That is such a huge part of what interviews are really about that the totalizing of landings is invisible next to it. Good luck!

HAL

This may be a big concern to the interviewer. If you show many flights where a landing wasnt logged, they may be led to believe that you crashed on all of those flights.

This may be a big concern to the interviewer. If you show many flights where a landing wasnt logged, they may be led to believe that you crashed on all of those flights.

I thought a crash still counted as a landing... Guess I'll be needing some whiteout.

I never added up my landings... just put a cross through the total box on the t/o and landings totals, as well as instrument approach and type totals.

It's easy to glance at a page and see currency... and no requirement for totalling landings. So.. I never did them and never got asked a thing about it.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back