Lodging in Columbus

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

yosemite

Okay, I searched the archives but could not find an answer, so here goes.

Which is better; Candlewood Suites with its $41 per day rate or Towne Place Suites with its $39 rate?

Which has the better room geared for the 2 week stay & studying? I.E. fridge, stove, microwave, study desk or table, etc?

Which was quieter? More friendly? Better amenities?

If you've stayed in both, which is your choice to use again?
Thanks.

candlewood by far. I did my two weeks of indoc there and a bunch of us came back and did the flight training at candlewood ..... it is MUCH BETTER FOR THE FEW EXTRA DOLLARS ! and closer too! :D

Here is food for thought.
I have stayed in both places. They were both pretty close in my opinion. When I went back I used priceline.com to bid on a hotel in Gahanna. I bid $35.00 and got the Town Place Suites. I may have been able to get it cheaper.
Now that I am flying and have to commute to my gateway I still use priceline for my first night stay at the beginning of my tour. As a matter of fact I am staying at a Homestead Suites tonight that I
was able to get for $25.00. Not a bad way to go if you don't mind letting the computer decide where you stay.
The only problem with doing this during aircraft training is you don't know exactly how long you will be staying. You have to bid a dollar amount and how many nights in advance. I actually finished a day earlier than I thought I would so I wound up paying
for a day that I didn't need.
This may not work for everyone but is sure worth looking in to.

Latest resources

Back