• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Live Smartpref overated?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'll take CaptOveur's word, as well as other L-ASA pilots over yours on that one.

There is a printed audit trail with the award that shows what the result was of every "preference" you bid. The only way you don't get it is if someone senior took those "preferences".

Back to my other point dojetdriver....What is stopping you guys from using Smartpref in phase 1? It isn't us. Go ahead and implement it....if it works, your guys will get on these boards and tell us how great it is....Time for you guys to quit talking and starting acting on your wonderful system....We eagerly await the results....

There is a printed audit trail with the award that shows what the result was of every "preference" you bid. The only way you don't get it is if someone senior took those "preferences".

Like I said, I'll take the word of other L-ASA pilots over yours

Back to my other point dojetdriver....What is stopping you guys from using Smartpref in phase 1?

Oh, I dont know. maybe something called a vote perhaps?

It isn't us. Go ahead and implement it....if it works, your guys will get on these boards and tell us how great it is....Time for you guys to quit talking and starting acting on your wonderful system....We eagerly await the results....

You'd have to show where myself, or others would want it for phase I first. I'd rather keep the line bidding for phase 1.

Back to your regular thuggish tactics Joe.

Oh, I dont know. maybe something called a vote perhaps?

You'd have to show where myself, or others would want it for phase I first. I'd rather keep the line bidding for phase 1.

So your saying that your side doesn't want Smartpref PBS? What are we arguing over then? If your side doesn't want Smartpref PBS, and our side doesn't want Smartpref PBS....Why are we discussing Smartpref PBS?

I have my theories....but I'm interested in your thoughts.....

I can't wait to leave this place after reading this Cr@p. Lets just go back to line bidding and be done with this horsesh@t. Si or no?

"Global Constraints"

New way of saying "You're Hosed"

WE DON'T WANT ANY PBS THAT USES GLOBALIZATION STRATEGY.

Why is this so hard to understand. It's a terrible system and the ASA MEC knows it.

How do you know its terrible if you've never used it? Flight line globalizes in a different way. It may honor your seniority but it certainly changes everyone's lines subjectively by humans in order to come to a viable solution. The difference with smartpref is that it only does it for the constrained group and not everyone like flight line. They both use neutral trips to construct lines if it can't build one with the specific ones you bid.

Not true. Preferences are honored on a seniority basis with an audit trail to prove that preferences are honored. Smartpref can't say that.

Tell you what dojetdriver.....The minute you guys start using Smartpref for phase 1 and you like it as much as we like flightline...I will say sorry and be the cheerleader to try out Smartpref as a replacement...Until you guys start using Smartpref for phase 1 bidding you simply can't compare it to flightline....Prove me wrong and start using it.....

How do you know if the last solution had a better or worse line than the original solution? Is there an audit trail for every single line that was considered? If not, why not?

Back to my other point dojetdriver....What is stopping you guys from using Smartpref in phase 1? It isn't us. Go ahead and implement it....if it works, your guys will get on these boards and tell us how great it is....Time for you guys to quit talking and starting acting on your wonderful system....We eagerly await the results....

You guys keep moving the goal posts. Before it was that smartpref doesn't have any customers and is unproven. Now that you see its going to be used in our phase 2, you change your tune.

So your saying that your side doesn't want Smartpref PBS? What are we arguing over then? If your side doesn't want Smartpref PBS, and our side doesn't want Smartpref PBS....Why are we discussing Smartpref PBS?

I have my theories....but I'm interested in your thoughts.....

Because its not up to the line pilots. You should know that by now that its up to the MEC on what they are willing to compromise and negotiate for.

Yep. Republic negotiates 53 E-jets and we're squabbling over this. The best we've come up with lately is managing to hang on to 350+ rotting 50-seat jets.

Yep. Republic negotiates 53 E-jets and we're squabbling over this. The best we've come up with lately is managing to hang on to 350+ rotting 50-seat jets.

Whatever happened to economies of scale, our excellent credit rating, Skywest Inc is now the "Go-to" regional for our business partners etc etc?!?

http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-20130124-712504.html

Raymond James downgraded regional carrier SkyWest Inc. (SKYW, $12.94, -$0.88, -6.37%) to outperform from strong buy, saying in a note to clients that its previous rating "was supported by the expectation that SkyWest was best positioned to secure the majority of the aircraft in four potential new pieces of contractual flying for regional airlines with legacy carriers totaling 370 larger regional jets." But, says Raymond James, SkyWest has missed two of the four significant pieces of business as Delta Air Lines Inc. (DAL, $13.91, +$0.13, +0.94%) has awarded 40 regional jets to Pinnacle Airlines and American Airlines has awarded 53 regional jets to Republic Airways so the potential upside is lower.

Whatever happened to economies of scale, our excellent credit rating, Skywest Inc is now the "Go-to" regional for our business partners etc etc?!?

http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-20130124-712504.html

Wait, so there are still two "potential new pieces of contractual flying..." totaling 277ish larger regional jets? That is still a ton of potential business if Mr. Raymond James is correct. Are the remaining two the rest of the AMR RFP and UAL regional re-fleeting?

The Delta deal with Pinnacle made sense because Delta wanted to park 50-seaters but still keep Pinnacle in the DCI portfolio (at cut rate prices) to promote competition. The AA/Republic deal makes sense because Republic has an active E-Jet program and is an established American Connection/Eagle partner (Chautauqua). Hopefully SKYW, Inc is still a serious contender for the remaining potential business, wherever that might be.

Latest resources

Back