• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Line of Flight

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
At Piedmont we dispatched flights that were assigned to a certain desk. If you worked the same desk 4 days in a row, you dispatched the same flights 4 days in a row.

When I left Air Wisconsin, we were dispatching aircraft by tail number. Wherever the aircraft went is what you dispatched.

When I left Air Wisconsin, we were dispatching aircraft by tail number. Wherever the aircraft went is what you dispatched.

that is what ASA is going to be going to..I've been told it will keep the crew and the A/C together with less swaps as well as helping out dispatch... I don't think it will work but we will see

Keeping the crews together works pretty nicely when you can do it.

I'm still not entirely sure what the method to the madness of how our desks are split up here at SKW. It seems to be mostly just random so as not to have a ton of flights going into one hub at the same time.

If I'm not mistaken Walter, I think SKW is currently doing the same thing that ASA is doing right now.....random assignment. For the most part, it works, but no one at ASA wants to take the time out to fix the assignment so that the flights are more evenly shared from desk to desk (i.e. some desks have 16 flights due in an hour and some desks have 0 flights for the same hour). It's crazy when you look at it sometime. To hear our IT guru try to explain it will leave you in stitches, because it's usually loaded with so much BS, it's nauseatingly hysterical.

that is what ASA is going to be going to..I've been told it will keep the crew and the A/C together with less swaps as well as helping out dispatch... I don't think it will work but we will see

My airline uses this method of dispatching by tail number. Each desk has its assigned aircraft and if you hold that desk, those are the birds you dx. It works real well for keeping track of MEL/CDL issues. It also helps as the crews will generally fly most of a day on one bird, so you get to know them better whent they call in and I think they apprciate being able to talk to the same person vs. whoever has their next flight.

Latest resources

Back