Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

utahpilot

Seeing the light
any limit on how much Frasca time I can count towards the 100 instrument required by skywest mins? how about other FTD time?

Not much.

From what I understand, none.

Last year when I was 7 hours short I asked Camielle Ence the same thing and she said sorry but it has to be actual or simulated instrument FLIGHT time.

I was very sad.

I just had a friend go out and buy 15 hours under the hood: not exactly cheap or pleasant, and argueably somewhat questionable, but the mins are time in an A/C only.

Sorry...

hmmm...

From what I understand, there is no limitation on sim time. They want a total combined of sim, actual and hood. I went in with 27 hours of sim + everything else. Haven't seen it written anywhere about a limitation on sim time.

hmm.. that requirement isn't published

To submit a pilot resume for SkyWest Airlines,
the minimum requirements are as follows:

1000 Hrs. Total Time
100 Hrs. ME
100 Hrs. Instrument
You will need a current 1st class medical (must be verified at your interview)
Must be at least 21 years of age
Must be a U.S. citizen or show proof of right to work in the U.S.

<<cut and pasted from www.skywestpilot.com>>

I was hired / interviewed about three years ago, and at that time SkyWest did accept FTD/SIM time towards the 100 hours of instrument time. I was even told that they counted it towards the 1000 total time requirement.

hmmm......

some say it do, some say it don't, eh?

anyone with a clear answer, um, Andy? anyone?

I've never heard about the TT to include sim/FTD time

I, would hope that you are not trying to log FTD time as flight time. The FTD is a system's trainer not a flight device. Skywest knows that everyone will have some type of sim time, but you can only gain so much experience from a box. The last I heard the limit was 15 to 20% of total instrument time. Flying under a hood in a real flying machine is good time.

I agree with you completely. FTD and Sim time should be logged seperately and not be included in the total time column. I was surprised at the time I heard that they would count it towards the total time requirement. I hope the information was false or that they have since changed their opinion.

"The last I heard the limit was 15 to 20% of total instrument time."

Anybody who has been through a 121 training program is going to probably have more than 15 to 20% of the instrument time in a sim. As I understand all sim training accrued in a 121 training program counts toward the total instrument time and with 30 to 40 hours per training program it wont take long for the average person to exceed the 15 to 20% limit you say exists.

Latest resources

Back