• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Likely to happen?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
PilotYIP why do you always cut and paste the exact same responses on these threads. I recognize this same post from a few yrs ago. Do you store them on your hard drive and just repost them when it suits you.

You are part of the reason the industry is in so much trouble. Oh yea, fly because you like it. Sarcasm.
If it fits I post it. You may have seen it, but there are many that have not been exposed to the other side of these questions. I see all of these posts "we should do this"; "we should do that", etc. etc. But no one has the ability to step up and make the changes. Very very few address the unintented consquences of the changes. For every action there an equal reaction. We always blame management, we never blame the piltos, or the customers. Unythign that makes your airline non-competitive allows a new entant to come into the market lace. Prehaps you are one of those who feel re-regulation is the answer to all the piltos problems. If that is the case I will give you a cut and paste for re-reg here goes.
Life was good for a few pilots under regulation. There are probably 4-5 times as many pilot’s jobs now as there was in 1977. Back in reg time it was about 90% military that went to the majors. Dereg opened up a lot of airline job to non-military pilots. To return to regulation would raise ticket prices, reduce the number of passengers, and therefore reduce the number of pilots needed. BTW SWA the low cost provider has near the top wages, this was done under de-reg. Still is still la great way to make a living, pilots are not doctor's, if you want to be treated like a doctor finish med school, pilots are not wall street CEO's, if you want ot be a wall street CEO, get into one the top 10 MBA's school. You are pilot you fly airplanes, if you like doing that you are probably happy. If not you are in the wrong line of work.

You "lifestyle" pilots are the problem. You will do it for nothing because you "love to fly' and "live to fly".This is a JOB, not a lifestyle, except for you egomaniacs who entire life revolves around being an airline pilot. I do this strictly for the pay, time off, retirement, insurance and job security. If I could find something else that would give me all this and never fly again, I'd gladly give my major job to one of you who "love" to fly.

For me this is a life love, a lifestyle, and happens to be a job. I will not fly for free, but I will not get wrapped up in your drama, legal battles, and bullsh!t. If you think you need to leave this profession, then go find a door. If you are content with your job now like you say you are, why are you still on here whining?

Coopervane, pilotyip, and captainmorgan ARE the kind of pilots that have ruined the profession. Because they will continue to accept whatever management wants to shove down their throats. They "love" to fly so much that they will do it for any pay rate that the pigs, boars, sloths, or whatever you call the scum that holds the management positions that dictate what we are worth, are willing to pay us. I think it is unconscionable that any airline pilot regardless of equipment size, or seat, shouldn't be paid enough to buy a modest home in the city they are domiciled at and perhaps be able to buy a new car at 20 to 30 grand and have a wife and kids. Is that not too much to ask for all the money spent for entry into this profession?

The average FO at a regional airline is getting about $2,000 to $2,500 deposited into his checking account each month. Love of flying only goes so far when you can't even live a decent life. When you see construction workers, laborers, truck drivers, janitors, bus drivers, sanitation workers, MTA workers, and the list goes on, of unskilled and uneducated workers getting paid more than you as an airline pilot, you all would just throw out the ole "adapt or die" mantra huh? And I don't want to hear from the tools that are 10+ year RJ Captains exalting about how well they are paid. What about the other half of the pilot group sitting in the right seat for a decade and ending up over 40 years of age before they can even hold reserve captain status. Just ask any Horizon, Comair, or Eagle pilot.

What's moral is moral and what's immoral is immoral. And with the exception of you people that apparently don't think we should be airline pilots for the same reason someone drives a truck, or becomes a steel worker, and that is to EARN A LIVING, most people with half a brain think our pay structure in this industry is abhorrent!!!!

As if we haven't had to adapt enough already in this profession. Watching more and more of mainline flying, the type of flying 90% of us dreamed of doing, being handed over to the scumbag regionals who keep getting more and more and larger and larger aircraft creating so little demand that most of us will never get to the majors, which is a far cry from what it was when most of us got into this dead end career.

I don't think you've been really reading all of my posts. If you have you would see that I will not work for free, but at the same time I believe there's a fair wage to be earned and I think (my opinion) that it's less that what a lot of people would think. I think most people think we should be on par with managers and doctors. Maybe in a time when flying was less automated, more dangerous, and less mainstream we could command that type of money. Not anymore. Even doctors are feeling the heat. http://www.onenewsnow.com/Politics/Default.aspx?id=568898 Do you think doctors are going to make as much money after Obama get's his nationalized health care through? We'll probably be making more than them after that abortion of a plan goes through. People who picked aviation to fly the big stuff because they thought it would be cool or glamourous made a poor decision. If their plan falls through they will be stuck at a smaller carrier and greatly distressed. They are in it for the wrong reason and now that times are tough, we see who really loves aviation and who just is trying to reach their hand in a cookie jar. Hopefully they will make a 180 and leave this profession never to return.

PilotYIP why do you always cut and paste the exact same responses on these threads. I recognize this same post from a few yrs ago. Do you store them on your hard drive and just repost them when it suits you.

You are part of the reason the industry is in so much trouble. Oh yea, fly because you like it. Sarcasm.

Because he's a senile old man. One reason age 60 should have stayed!

Because he's a senile old man. One reason age 60 should have stayed!
And some day if things work out for you, you can also be age 60-65 or whatever. Lots of guys your age don't make it. I am already and still livin the dream. oops got go fly the B-17 see ya later. BTW there is a good chance the Q-400 accidnet may not have happened with an older pilot like the ones that used to fly 135 scheduled commuter flights last one retiring in 1999 at age 69.

Last edited:
And some day if things work out for you, you can also be age 60-65 or whatever.
You're right, maybe I can be some washed out loser flying for usa jet for free telling all the young kids why they should do the same!

Lots of guys your age don't make it. I am already and still livin the dream.
One low paying leg at a time. Easy gramps, your depends might get too saturated!

oops got go fly the B-17 see ya later.
Make sure to bring your cane and a competent f/o, you'll need both!

BTW there is a good chance the Q-400 accidnet may not have happened with an older pilot like the ones that used to fly 135 scheduled commuter flights last one retiring in 1999 at age 69.
Tell that to the two guys who wrecked the Gulfstream picking up Bush sr. in Houston, dumbass!
Now, go and work for free at your trash company!

no big deal

You need to be scoped out. Show some respect...
just consider the insignificant source, I am still livin the dream and if you let something like that bug you you are wastin your time. Life is too short to let get excited about disgrunteled pilots

Copied from a thread on another message board.

"It also is a fact that traditonally there has been only one major airline berth for every 7-10 applicants...........and that was in GOOD hiring times. With future contraction/stagnation, 7-8 out of 10 current regional pilots will NEVER make a major carrier. When it comes to these two freight carriers whose hiring is very limited even when they do hire, the odds are better of getting a call from Jennifer Aniston for a date or a knock at the door from Publishers Clearinghouse with a $1,000,000 check.

Many of these pilots still dream the dream, but for most it's too painful to consider the likely probability they'll never see it. For most, if they choose to stay in this "profession", they'll have to be content with retiring on a 70-90 seat RJ. Some will come to terms with that but others will become emotional basket cases around their 40th birthday. I assume in about 6-8 years there will be Youtube footage of late 30's regional captains (and F/O's !) sobbing like schoolgirls in various airline bathrooms or unexaplainably attacking garbage cans or Starbucks baristas.

There's a wave of mental health issues soon to come at the regionals that may thin their ranks as complete and total mental crackups begin to accelerate.

A shame it will be."

The odds must be better than reported---cause, YOU MADE IT!

Latest resources

Back