Letters of Recommendation Again...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

chawbein

OK, I just heard from a recruiter from an ANG unit. He said the following as far as how to be most successfull:

"I encourage you to consider excellent recommendations from
prominent people. The best angle for selection is a relationship with the ANG."

What would be defined as a "prominent person"? I plan on visiting the unit as soon as possible in order to start a relationship.

Letters of rec

I'm not sure who really qualifies as a "prominent person", but these folks worked for me.

#1- I had a letter from a vice-president of a large corporation (friend of the family). He said he'd hired about 2000 people in his life and blah, blah, blah... give me a job/chance.

#2- Letter from my minister. He said, Known me for many years, blah, blah, blah... outstanding young man... give me a job/chance.

#3- Letter from my CFI. My CFI also was a retired Navy Captain. He said I'd fit in a military cockpit blah, blah, blah....give me a job/chance.

#4 Letter from Friend of Family. Retired Navy Captain, helped to write the sylabus for JSUPT, He said " If there is only one slot available, it MUST be "insert name here."

My unit (after I was selected) made fun of me because I had Naval Officers write me recs, they said I should have gone Navy.

These worked for me. Good Luck.

Latest resources

Back