Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

shimmylim

Looking for a better job
I have a potential job offer from a 135 operator to be based in PBI flying PIC in a lear 35. Schedule will be about 21 days a month on call with 2-3 overnights a week and the rest day trips. Should be between 50 and 60 hours a month, which is a whole lot in a lear, I know. I would have to move to the area in order to take the job, so that is a factor as well. Negotiations continue, and we have arrived at the "how much" phase. Problem is, I need to know what is a good salary for that equipment in that area. Any help is greatly appreciated. (I did do a search, but didn't find much.)

I know its not PBI, but I'm in BHM, Lr 35 PIC part 135 on demand charter, schedule is 2 weeks on 1 week off, 57K a year plus benefits. hope this helps.

Let's see....South Florida, where scum bag 135 operators congregate. I'm thinking you'll get offered about 30K/yr, no benefits, and a 2 year training contract.

2005 Avcrew Survey

Lear 35 Captain High: 87.5K Medium: 61K Low: 40K

If you want the whole survey send me your e-mail in a pm and I will send it to you.

COL in Palm Beach County

shimmylim said:
I have a potential job offer from a 135 operator to be based in PBI flying PIC in a lear 35. Schedule will be about 21 days a month on call with 2-3 overnights a week and the rest day trips. Should be between 50 and 60 hours a month, which is a whole lot in a lear, I know. I would have to move to the area in order to take the job, so that is a factor as well. Negotiations continue, and we have arrived at the "how much" phase. Problem is, I need to know what is a good salary for that equipment in that area. Any help is greatly appreciated. (I did do a search, but didn't find much.)

Do yourself a favor and keep it on the high side. I live down here and the average home price is about $400K. Also, if you plan to look for an apartment in Palm Beach County, good luck. Most places have gone condo at about $200K. The apartments that are available are much more expensive than they were a year ago. My place, one bedroom 700SQ/FT, has gone up $100 (I pay $1003 now) a month this year due to the shortage in apartments. Don't mean to sound negative. Anything I could do down here to help let me know. Good luck.

Last edited:
Going2Baja said:
What will $400k get you in a home?

Baja

About 2500-3000 Sq/ft. A buddy of mine is selling his 3500 sq/ft home for $625K. North of Palm Beach County, in Martin County, you can buy in the low to mid $300k range but it is a driver to PBI. It has been a sellers market down here for several years and it has raced out of control.

Last edited:
geojet707 said:
About 2500-3000 Sq/ft. A buddy of mine is selling his 3500 sq/ft home for $625K. North of Palm Beach County, in Martin County, you can buy in the low to mid $300k range but it is a driver to PBI. It has been a sellers market down here for several years and it has raced out of control.

He should hold on to it now that the Scripts Institute is moving into Jupiter.

What Company are you talking about out of KPBI, that sounds like a lot of flying a year?

Latest resources

Back