• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

LA area: CFI jobs?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I need some help as well. I definitely have my eyes set on AMF and would like to get on with them as an instructor. Problem is, I have no idea who the current AMF guys are and I have some questions. Anyone?

mcjohn: http://www.ameriflight.com/Employment/employment.htm

Ameriflight at BUR. They hire sim and flight instructors, and it's a good way to get into the program before you meet 135 mins. PM some of the current AMF guys here, and find out more about it.

If you don't have your II and MEI, it still couldn't hurt to make some contacts -- then get those ratings. Not having them (esp. the II) is going to slow down your instructing career in SoCal.

Sweet, thanks for the great feedback. AMF would be great, but I don't meet their mins for instructor pilots (900TT, 100 given). I'm at about 300TT with about, uhh, 4 given. ;)

I'll keep looking around, but 90% of me wants to get out of this hell-hole called LA. I've got a friend who's a groundschool instructor up at sierra academy in Livermore, and he says he could put in a good word for me. I'm just keeping options open just in case I decide to stick around Socal.

Good luck with the move out here, by the way. I don't mean to sound like I'm trying to deter you from the area. As always, YMMV.

Last edited:
unreal said:
As always, YMMV.
:confused: Say what?

I like the idea of the mountians and ocean being so close. L.A. seems like the perfect place for many aviation opportunities. We're looking at West Hollywood and Santa Monica for the relocation. Those areas seemed quite nice last time we were out there. My wife has a job lined up at a restaurant called BOA on Sunset Blvd b/c of her sister working there.

Thanks. They have a sweet lineup of aircraft at that place. If I continue instructing at a flight school out there that's exactly the type of place I'd like to work. Lot's of tailwheel and aerobatic training. Expensive to rent there! $101 per hour for a C152 geeze. That is way south of L.A. right? I'm looking at the Hollywood, Santa Monica, Burbank side.

Inquire with Pinnacle Academy in Carlsbad, Ca. Nice area, top notch equipment, and I believe the Chief Pilot or Chief Instructor for Skywest is an ex-Pinnacle CFI. Five of their CFI's were just hired by Skywest. Also, they have the best prices in relation to the equipment in So Cal. www.pinnacleacademy.com

Latest resources

Back