Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Koch Industries Pilot/CoPilot(still looking)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FL420

Blues vs. Birds-Tailhook
http://diversityinc.careercast.com/texis/jobsearch/details.html?id=441fade6c

Job Title: Pilot
Employer: Koch Industries, Inc.
Job Code: 333134
Date: 04-22-2006

Job Description
Koch Industries, Inc. is the second-largest privately held company in North America according to Forbes. While Koch is not a household name, the goods and services provided by our affiliates and subsidiaries are used in millions of American households everyday. Our companies' business activities are focused on trading, operations, and investments. Koch employees share our core values of humility, integrity, and respect for others. Our values also include a discovery mentality, which is reflected in our employees' initiative and desire to learn. The result is "principled entrepreneurship", - doing well by doing good

Pilot/CoPilot
Requirements
1,200hr flight time
200hr flight hours in multi-engine turbine aircraft
Must be capable of passing and maintaining an FAA First Class physical
Must be capable of attaining an Airline Transport Pilot (ATP) rating within one year of employment
Promote and abide by all flight safety standards
Must possess strong customer service skills
Experience Preferred:
2,500 TT, 1,000hr PIC in multi-engine aircraft with 300hr in multi-engine turbine aircraft.
Airline Transport Pilot (ATP) rating
Lear 45/Falcon 50/Falcon 2000 Type rating
Education Required:
High School Diploma or equivalent
Education Preferred:
2 or 4 year college degree

Job Description
Koch Industries, Inc. is the second-largest privately held company in North America according to Forbes. While Koch is not a household name, the goods and services provided by our affiliates and subsidiaries are used in millions of American households everyday. Our companies' business activities are focused on trading, operations, and investments. Koch employees share our core values of humility, integrity, and respect for others. Our values also include a discovery mentality, which is reflected in our employees' initiative and desire to learn. The result is "principled entrepreneurship", - doing well by doing good

What a crock !
Why do the big companies HR weenies always write this crap when they're looking for people ?

I don't know if they still do it, or if they ever did. But they where rumored to have required the pilots to mow the lawn on the days they where not flying.

I've got one friend flying there now, and another has applied and interviewed 2x for this position. So far, no mention of law mowings! Seems to be an excellent place to work.

Friend (very experienced, not a noob in his first job) flew there for a while and had good things to say about them.....

Interviewed there about 10 years ago. If I remember correctly, it was a three phase interview. I only did the first phase. I had the bare minimums on the flight time and I think they wanted someone with a little more experience. However the tow guys I interviewed with were very friendly and it was a relaxed interview. I don't recall any aviation specific questions. A typical question was "What is your definition of success?" Their flight department seemed pretty impressive. I'm sure I'd taken the job had I gotten it and would probably still be there. I think they look for people who want to make it a career job. I probably didn't help my chances any when I mentioned that I wanted to be an airline pilot. (That's a dirty word in the corporate world for those who don't know) For those who want to make a career in the corporate sector of aviation, I think this would be a good job.

A typical question was "What is your definition of success?"

I probably wouldn't have gotten the job either when I replied:
"Having a wife with 2 good jobs !"

Dont know much about their corporate flight department, but I know a couple of their pipeline patrol pilots, and they love working there. Very well maintained equipment from what I've seen on that end of things. As far as Koch being the second largest privately held company in N. America, it's very true. They've got alot going on besides just energy holdings. 2inverted, have you ever had any dealings with Koch? If not you might want to do a little research on things before you shoot your mouth off with uneducated blanket statements like that one.

Seems like a couple of people here know/knew others who worked here. Any idea about schedule and pay? I just applied, and am hoping for the best, so any other info you can provide would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Latest resources

Back