Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

135fr8r

For all you kingair drivers,

I know the B200 and 300 series are pretty much the same except for the different engines and the type for the 300, but are the systems totally different for the 300? Thanks in advance.

The most notable difference betewwn the 200 and the 300 is the electrical system. I not going to go into particulars because it's after midnight and I'm tired as a motherf@cker (sorry, fatigue makes me foul-mouthed). Anyway, the 300 has a triple-fed bus in the electrical system and it has generator bus ties that the 200 does not have. If you lose a generator on a 300 the other generator will power the whole DC system. You will lose some items on the 200. Also the 300 utilizes both inverters at the same time, the 200 uses 1 at a time.

Hope this helps. I hope someone more coherent than myself can possibly add some details.

Cheers,
Skyking:eek:

A better comparison in my opinion would be the 300 to the 350. They are so close that during recurrent they teach both together and point out the very "minor" differences which are done rather quickly. Anyways after spending 13 hours today at LGA I am t i r e d so pm me with any specific questions that you may have about any of the King Air's. The FMS may be the biggest adjustment for you ! !

g o o d l u c k

3 5 0

Latest resources

Back