Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PA-44Typed

First Officer Pilot – Fixed Wing, Wyoming Life Flight (King Air 90) Casper, WY

Requirements: 500 total flight hours, 250 hours PIC, 25 hours multi-engine, 50 hours night, Class 2 Medical Certificate,

excellent communication and organizational skills. Preference given to local candidates or those who live in contiguous states Previous air medical experience preferred. Position reports to base site manager. Resume & salary requirements to
[email protected]

PA-44Typed said:
First Officer Pilot – Fixed Wing, Wyoming Life Flight (King Air 90) Casper, WY

Requirements: 500 total flight hours, 250 hours PIC, 25 hours multi-engine, 50 hours night, Class 2 Medical Certificate,

And all the unloggable time you care to fly. King Air's a single pilot airplane.

FmrFreightDog said:
King Air's a single pilot airplane.

As with the answer in many college classes, "It depends....."

j41driver said:
Anyone think this debate will ever end?

It wont... because there are plenty of people out there that cant get it through their heads that just because an aircraft is certified for single pilot operation doesnt mean that the company or the REGS dont require a SIC. Just another dead horse that keeps being beaten, and beaten, and beaten....

Last edited:
Does anyone know if theres opportunities to log PIC? Maybe on empty legs? I'm looking at this job and would like to know what a typical day/night is all about and mainly if theres opportunity to log PIC. Anyone with experience please give me a heads up. Thanks.

I used to work for them elsewhere

Their Ops specs require 2 pilots, there for logging PIC/SIC are legal. The FO's fly the Part 91 legs PIC and the Cpt fly the 135 legs. The base manager up there is a good guy. His name is Butch.

RichardRambone said:
Does anyone know if theres opportunities to log PIC? Maybe on empty legs? I'm looking at this job and would like to know what a typical day/night is all about and mainly if theres opportunity to log PIC. Anyone with experience please give me a heads up. Thanks.

I don't work for them, but I am a King Air 90 PIC for another EMS operation. A typical day/night...well... First off, our schedule is 2 weeks on (12 hr duty) and 1 week off. During that 12 hours while on call you'll just wear a pager and do whatever you want. I've been at home for a 4th straight day now and haven't flown, so the QOL is unbeatable. We fly single-pilot, using an autopilot in lieu of an SIC. Another C-90 EMS operator close-by uses two-pilot crews w/no autopilot, and their Ops Specs call for an SIC, so they are a required flight crewmember.

When a page comes out it will tell us what type of flight (basically, whether it's a neonatal (baby) flight, which is a bit different), when and where it's going. Throw the flight suit on, dash out the door, file flight plan and check weather while in the car. Get to the airport, pull the plane out, load up and be off the ground in under 30 mins. Trip legs are normally fairly short, maybe 30-45 min on average. Some are much less, while we have the occasional 2-3 hour leg too. Once on the ground the med crew will leave in the waiting ambulance to go pick up the patient. Sometimes they're gone 30 mins, sometimes hours. Ya never know. When they get back, we load up and fly back, put the plane away and go back home and watch more Olympics until the next page comes out. :) I love this job!

RichardRambone said:

LOOK, if this is 135, and you attend and complete training under their TRAINING MANUAL, and sucessfully complete the 135 checkride (135.293) if I recall. Then you log all that SIC time in that airplane. Simple as that.

Now, there will be circumstances where you could log PIC, such as empty legs. But for the most part, the airlines (if that's where you're headed) won't want to hear about ANY of that time unless YOU ARE the actual PIC.

Don't listen to any of these bozos on here that tell you different. This has the FAA blessing.

Latest resources

Back