Keep Updating Resume?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CCDiscoB

I’ve been reading on this board that low time pilots are encouraged to apply with the minimum hours and "just keep updating your resume." I can see this as an option with JetBlue or FedEx, companies with Internet driven databases, which are updateable, but what about the smaller companies that don't. I picture some HR computer folder at XYZ Company full of hundreds and hundreds of little Word icons representing our e-mailed resumes. Every time one of us updates, they just get added to the folder. I imagine the only way to make out of the computer is to have someone walk-in a hard copy.

So, my question is, does NetJets, Flight Options, etc., etc, actually print out every single resume and create a folder for each and every Julio that applies? I find that hard to believe.

I am not an HR type and can't say how companies handle their paperwork however, the standard line seems to be "stay in contact & continue to show an interest." In otherwords, it's like the lottery; can't win unless you buy a ticket. Paul Berliner put it this way, "You have a 100% chance of not getting the job if you don't apply."

Latest resources

Back