• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Kalitta Charters 2

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The whole Kalitta name thing gets confusing for a lot of people.
Kalitta Charters is Doug's Lear/Falcon 135 operation.
Kalitta Charters II is Doug's 727/DC-9 121 operation.
Kalitta Air is Connie's 747 operation.

I don't know about hiring, but I think they recently got another 727.

Last edited:

I don't know about hiring, but I think they recently got another 727.

Yep, just got another ex-Astar 727. I have been hearing hiring a class soon, maybe January-ish.

Similar work rules/pay from the 727 operation to the 747 or is it night and day different?

Similar work rules/pay from the 727 operation to the 747 or is it night and day different?

The only similarity is the 18 on/12 off schedule. Most of the work is a 2 hour call out for ad hoc charters, there is a dedicated horse plane which is scheduled and a gov't contract airplane. Pay is based upon a 50 hour guarantee which is rarely broken unless it is crazy busy on ad hoc. Pay might be on apc or something but it's pretty much salary and 1st year Capts are $75k, FO's are $45k and FE's are I think $40k.

Currently there is an attempt to make the schedule a little better to maybe 15/14, in my opinion it's a tough job to commute. I live near YIP so I like it because ad hoc flights usually involve coming to YIP at some point so I get a chance to be home and on call a lot. If you don't live in YIP, they do put you up at either the company housing or a local sleeze-ball hotel which is also hopefully going to change.

No flow through to the 747's, they are a separate company even though we share some things as a company like Oscoda mtx but we are the red headed stepchild of the 3 companies. We seem to be hopefully gearing up for an upswing in flying. There are some rumors here and there but I really just hope we can get some more steady flying for the airplanes we are getting.

Feel free to PM me as well.

Latest resources

Back