Junior Skywest domiciles?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Sky-doggie

Anyone know where all the new hires are going as far as domicile for Skywest? I hear FAT, PSP, SLC are all junior. But not sure?

Also..Is DEN a domicile as well? I got the packet the other day for my upcoming interview and noticed it was not on the list. Yet I know of a captain that lives there. Maybe he commutes?

Also how is the PDX base doing? I'm from Portland and would love to get back up there some day but I hear it is very senior? Anyone know anything?

Thanks!

Sky-dog

My fearless forecast for the current class is

PSP 6
FAT 5
SMF 3
SAN 3
SBA 1
MRY 1
SBP 1

I wouldn't call SLC junior for Brasilia folks. There are people from at LEAST the last three classes waiting to get there. PDX is the longest wait. Denver is a little harder than SLC.

Since SkyWest will soon be opening CRJ domiciles in SBA, PSP, and DEN, I expect there to be a LOT of vacancies created as senior Brasilia crews at those domiciles put in for transition. Other CRJ domiciles are SLC, FAT, TUS, and DFW (reserve only).

Hey Andy...

what does your crystal ball suggest for the Nov. 5th Brasilia class for domiciles? Oh, and what will be the last one available as my last four are 99xx.

Thanks!

MLC

no really

How does SkyWest do seniority in the class?

You got to be shyting me they do some SSN trick.

Just when I get older.

Skywest does seniority by the last four digits of your social, i.e.
0001 senior - 9999 least senior.

Midlifecrisis - at least the good news is that we dont have a Yuma base anymore.

Good luck.

Won't have a clue about the Nov 5th Domicile awards until the current class gets their awards. FAT and PSP have been strong runners in the last several classes.

Andy,

Just curious when domicile awards are handed out. I had always thought it was the second or so week for class, but it sounds like it may be longer.

Let us know when you are able to predict awards for the Nov 5 class :D

Also, how much time typically elapses between completing IOE and going on reserve -- will I have time to move my family to my new domicile?

Finally, with all of the projected EMB120 classes, how long would one typically sit on reserve?

Muchos thanks!

We used to assign domiciles very early in class (first few days). Lately, as the SkyWest domicile structure is growing and becoming more complex, assignments are being withheld until the last few days of class.

Assignments made today include 8 for FAT, 3 for SBP and SBA, 2 for SMF, PSP, and MRY.

I should have my Nov 5th GUESSES out next week. I scored only a 60% on this class.

Reserve (if applicable) could start about 4 days after completion of IOE. When you move family is VERY negotiable with crew scheduling. GIve them a reasonable plan and they will probably buy it. However, we are running VERY short on pilots and the quicker you can get on station and flying, the better.

I am guessing that reserve times of 0-3 months will be the norm for the next several months.

Nov 5th class

I too would be interested in Andy's predictions for the 11/5 class. 'Sounds like there'll be several folk from this forum in that particular group. Y'all been studying? I made ~195 flashcards with the limitation and EPC data...

Take care!

Jerry

Anyone know if all of the November classes are full yet? If you were going to pick a place for flying and not worry about anything else, where would the most flying be and least amount of reserve for both the CRJ and the EMB120?

Latest resources

Back