Jumpseaters Etiquette

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Lowrider717

Kudos to my first CASS rider and jumpseater the other day. A real class act. Most of you could learn a few things from this JetBlue Pilot.

He asked for the ride, very courteous, offerred his credentials,(all of them, not just the crew id.), and when he overheard me offering to run grab a meal for a hungry flight attendant, he offered to make the run himself and then paid the tab. He didn't impede the boarding or deplaning of our paying passengers, and conducted himself in a most professional manner as an additional member of our crew(ACM). JetBlue is lucky to have him. Quite a refreshing change from the degredation of etiquette in the past few years.

JetBlue always welcome in my Tranny Cockpit. (as is everyone else of course)

Personally, I think a polite person is unrelated to their employer.

I have started my stopwatch waiting for an anti-JB response.
Should be any second now...

Thank you for the kind words, Lowrider.

I buy the gate agents water or coffee, I offer massages to all of the young sweet flight attendants and I am willing to let the captain sleep with my sister on Tuesdays and Thursdays (Borat -- thanks for the advice, bro. See you in Ibiza next week!).

Oh, and I work for jb. Coincidence? I think not.

...and some are from da south...

It is refreshing to have a JS who is genuinely thankful for the seat. JS'ing is a privilege not a right! I have guys that are given a seat at the gate not even come up to say thank you. Just because you have a seat in back doesn't mean the capt shouldn't be thanked for the ride..

I had a jb js'er..couple weeks back....good guy..but he didn't help the fa's 'tidy up' the cabin.....I mean the least he could do ? right ? and he didn't offer to grab lunch for the the pilots..and to top it off..he didn't get the agent a foo foo coffee....I mean..really...and he didn't have his credentials ready for serious inspection for the entire crew...and lastly...he didn't even pay the 25 bucks....what an outrage...the nerve.....and he was sporting doc martins......the nerve !!!!!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back