Jumping from frac to corporate

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
GREAT LAKES said:
Hi Live4 how are you! I believe you are a little incorrect here. I wouldnt leave my corporate job to go the the fractionals for a million dollars! If you have a good corporate job there is no way you would take about a 30% pay cut to start with, not to mention the other compensation. That is a no brainer.

Now first you say the attractor being 1st the schedule. You guys do get 5-7 days off at a time, that is nice, but I am home about 6 days a week. If you have kids this is a big factor in job choice, putting pay aside.

Now as far as stability, anyone who thinks that your aviation job is secure is dreaming. There is always the chance of being out on the street. Just ask some of the poor fellas at the Major's. (I worked for a fortune 50 company and got laid off)

Lastly, you have a point if you are working for a poorly run corporate flight department, but for a lot of guys on this board that work for Fortune 500 companies, this simply does not apply, not ever!

Fly safe.

Much of what you said is true. Glad you got one of the good ones! I think what Live4 was talking about is the JOE pilot (like me) that doesn't know the right people, have 20 years in the Navy or Air Force and looking for a good place to park. How many positions out there that are as good as yours? 1000? 2000?

NetJets expects to expand beyond the current 1800 pilots to at least 3000 and some numbers even suggest 5000. You are right, no aviation career is a solid fact, but some like to follow the Oricle of Omaha where ever he parks his money - if you know what I mean. For the time being, that is what I am doing. By the way, when do you retire? I may want your position when you leave!

Thanks all for your input. I'm making the leap from airline to corporate(if you asked me 5 years ago if I'd do that, I'd say NFW! Thanks, AA!:rolleyes: ) .

Hope we all get some stability for awhile.

Take care.TC

I left EJA for a corporate job. I enjoyed working for netjets and was happy there but my current job is a dream job for me. It was a lifestyle issue. I RON only 3-4 nights/month and I enjoy being home with my kids.

Latest resources

Back