• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

John and Martha want your opinion...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How do I know that Linda Pendelton has known John and Martha for many years? Easy.

I read the foreword on page "x", opposite the picture, paragraph four. :D

Seriously, I can't imagine why you wouldn't be who you say you are. So, nice to have you here.

As far as Rick being Martha's brother, I have some (sometimes!) reliable sources on the left coast, stemming from some contacts left over from my former career as a broadcaster and journalist. Perhaps my friends were standing too close to Robert Downey, Jr at a party, eh? No source is infallible, I can vouch for that. I am willing to accept your word. To tell you the truth, I never thought of asking Rod Machado, whom I have know for a few years. My bad.

The Kings seem to have a genuine warmth and respect for you, Linda. Aside from the fact that they have never HAD to work as professional pilots, or fly in bad weather, how would you characterize the animosity reflected by some of the posts in this thread? I'm always a bit surprised that they seem to attract criticism whenever they are mentioned among pilots.

I'll send you a PM when I finish the book. The foreword is right about one thing: I do enjoy flying jets.

By the way, I'm a little envious that you list the Beech 18 and the DC-3 in your "aircraft flown". You must be almost as old as I am!! I hope I can fly some classics like those, someday.

Ya know, Timebuilder, I thought the Kings had a genuine warmth and respect for me also -- right up until last week. I gave that man 6 years of loyal, hard work. When I gave him a one month notice that I was leaving for what I considered to be my dream job, he asked if there was anything he could do to keep me. When my new boss called him (after I was hired, as a courtesy to the Kings) John said that perhaps they should have taken better care of me and maybe I would have stayed.

Then last week John goes into full rant mode and tells the CEO of my new company what a bad person I am. I consider that underhanded, less than honest and sour grapes.

I'm sure Rod knows that Rick Rockwell is not Martha's brother. We talk often and will be doing a joint project. He's a truly honorable man.

John does not think the rules were written for him. His Citation had a max authorized altitude of FL350. He routinely flew higher than that. He laughed at me when I had to make a fuel stop because I could not make a non-stop trip at a legal altitude for the airplane. I didn't work this hard for all my time and ratings to throw it all away just to avoid a fuel stop.

Maybe I'm just still really disappointed at what he did at Oshkosh. I just hope he realizes that he really damaged someones reputation in that conversation ---- and it wasn't mine.

Timebuilder said:
By the way, I'm a little envious that you list the Beech 18 and the DC-3 in your "aircraft flown". You must be almost as old as I am!! I hope I can fly some classics like those, someday.

Probably older. I am pushing 57 REAL hard.

I wouldn't give up those days as a freight dog in '18s and '3s for all the money in the world. Nor would I go back to them. Single pilot IFR in and out of ORD in a WWII airplane???? That's just for pilot's who don't know you can get hurt doing that stuff!

You are right. Rod is truly one of the "good guys". He can tell you about the ups and downs I have had on my way along this path, and he was genuinely happy when I told him of my recent good fortune as a new hire for a 135 company. As always, his talk at AOPA in June was a big draw.

Although I don't know the Kings, I'm really very disappointed to hear of John going off the deep end. I'll bet you could tell me some interesting things over a cup of coffee. Kim Bradshaw said to me that she had worked for the Kings, but didn't say very much about her experience, good or bad. Truthfully, it made me wonder what she wasn't telling me. If her website is any indication, she is doing well on her own.

I'd like to hear more about this "dream job". Expect a private message.

Yes, I've know Kimberly since she was a student pilot new to San Diego. That's when she was working for the Kings. She's come a long way in a few short years. Here website is very impressive. Do you know Kim well?

Jetlinda said:
I'm sure Rod knows that Rick Rockwell is not Martha's brother. We talk often and will be doing a joint project. He's a truly honorable man.

Would the Rod that you are reffering to be Rod Machado?

Very nice man, I have read his books and highly recommend them to any student pilot. His books kept my intrest in flying grounded, it was the only easy to read book that I have found for the PPL course.

Tell Rod thanks for me.

tune in tomorrow for the ongoing soap opera "big daddy King".

How in the world did they create such a successfull buisness being the tweedle dee and tweedle dum of aviation? I know there are other choices for training tape out there. must have been the good folks who worked for them (linda). just wish you would have convinced them to hire someone else for the oncamera stuff. (even college students can learn how to stand in front of a blue screen.)

Marketing, marketing, marketing..

Advertise it and they will buy!

For a long time, John & Martha were the only game in town. Believe me, now that there are other entrants into the game they are loosing business.

I about choked when I was reading an interview with John in one of the aviation mags and he was complaining about people who only "teach the test." I mean, sheesh, has he listened to his stuff lately?

Latest resources

Back