Jobs in the NC/East Coast area?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

AdolphOlivrbush

Any good cargo or charter companies to look into (for a guy with 1500 hrs, 135 freight exp, etc). I am completely unfamiliar with the area and just doing a little intel to see what might be out there...Any advice, company names, etc is appreciated.

Aob

AdolphOlivrbush said:
Any good cargo or charter companies to look into (for a guy with 1500 hrs, 135 freight exp, etc). I am completely unfamiliar with the area and just doing a little intel to see what might be out there...Any advice, company names, etc is appreciated.

Also the other poster is correct Mountain Air Cargo does have a base at Kinston,or Rockingham, NC but I believe they hire out of Denver,NC,unless they have moved.

http://www.ramairfreight.com

The planes aren't much to look at (several do have new paint jobs, though), but they have great maintenance and a Chief Pilot who will never ask you to do anything shady or illegal.

A great place to work.

-JP

Stay away from Ram Air, unless you like flying poorly maintained airplanes with little to no support from the main office!

Last edited:
maybe you were born yesterday! Not sure, but I'm here to tell you (from first-hand experience!) that you WILL be asked (often insistingly) by the ops people to do "Shady" things/flights. All they care about are those stupid checks...and DEFINITELY NOT the pilots! Maintenance is FAR FROM great - especially for outbased pilots. I'd AVOID - period.

joe_pilot said:
http://www.ramairfreight.com

The planes aren't much to look at (several do have new paint jobs, though), but they have great maintenance and a Chief Pilot who will never ask you to do anything shady or illegal.

A great place to work.

-JP

NC Forrest Service pilot job

I saw just the other day that the North Carolina Forrest service in the New Bern/Craven County area is looking for a Forrestry Pilot 2 position to be filled. You can check out the NC Forrest Service website for the the specifics, but the general reqs. I believe were 1500 TT, Comm. ASEL AMEL, instrument current, etc. You might want to check it out ASAP cause I think the stop taking resumes in a week or two. Sounds like a cool job. Wish I had the mins! Good luck to you!

Do you happen to know the web address for the forest service opening? I did some searching around and didn't find it...thanks for the heads up.

Nothing against RamAir, but I won't leave my current 135 job to work for them. That would be like turning away a ribeye to eat a hamburger.

NC Forestry Job

it appears they want a tailwheel endorsement, in addition to everything else. the site is at: http://www.osp.state.nc.us/jobs/ . Once there, search by department (dept of environment & natural resources). It's a Pilot II position. Good Luck!

Latest resources

Back