Jobs in Nor Cal Area

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Justwatching...

Thanks for the heads up on Sunset. Nice to hear that. The rumors I heard was newbies left quickly. I'll give Dan Drohan a call.

Eric

Newbies usually leave quickly when they can't "cut the mustard" so to speak. I had heard the same thing. Apparently they have a strong culture that spits out people that don't want to be part of the team. My buddy is really impressed...so far he says he's a "lifer."

Their D.O. is a guy named Tom. I hear Dan is busy running the company and not really too involved in the pilot hiring these days. Good luck to you.

Lostdog65 said:
Thanks guys...I know all of those operators and unless I want to live in a 800 sq ft apartment in the Bay Area....they're not for me. Sunset chews up pilots and spits them out about every 6 months is the rumor I've heard.

Haven't checked out SkyTrek yet, they are on the list.

I was looking for something that might come up off the radar so to speak. I'm a pretty loyal employee but my nose ain't brown. You pay me...I work for you. I get the job done to your satisfaction within the limits of my abilities.

Eric

Wow you can afford a 800 sq ft apartment in the bay area on pilots wages?

Amazing.

I got my first solo done at DVO 12 years ago almost to the day except it wasn't DVO then it was O83 or something and there weren't any charter aircraft there. Its not that bad. of an airport unless your flying a cub or your a CJ1 owner operator and you forget to retract the ground flaps on go around.

BushwickBill said:
Wow you can afford a 800 sq ft apartment in the bay area on pilots wages?

Amazing.
Just gotta shop. I'm in a 1200 sq apartment in a nice area. There are good deals out there, but gotta do some serious looking.

Actually I own a 1750 sq ft HOME in Redding which is worth twice as much as I paid for it...so yeah...moving to a small apt/condo/house is not something I'm willing to do just yet.

And the 800 sq ft apt was what I could afford about 6 years ago if I moved to the Bay Area to take a job down there. I'm sure I could find something ala Illmitch...

Eric

You cannot afford to live here on a pilot's wages.......

With local CFI gigs now paying an average of $12/hour...no way.

Latest resources

Back