• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jobs in India

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Isnt a kingfisher a species of bird that dives at great speed into water to catch fish?

Not exactly the best name for an airline if so...

India's airline business is exploding...1 billion people..i can only imagine what its going to be like in 10 years..

Its a new airline starting up with 4 320's and an additional 8 to join within a year or so. It is owned by the parent company of "Kingfisher" beer owned by Mallya group of industries. Yes Kingfiher is a rather colorful bird as mentioned in an earlier post.

Now as far as getting a job... Good luck. Unless they need expat captains there is no chance.. and anyway in that case i dont exactly see guys flocking to India after leaving their jobs here in the US. They probably will get guys from Indian Airlines or other Indians flying in the middle east who have the 320 time. As far as others who have the time... well you have to go to india get a medical and then convert to the "esteemed" indian ALTP license.... which includes a cr@*load of nonsense... in the day of GPS etc... you will have to learn the sextant principles.......

Now if you are Indian and have 250 hours of flight time ..... let me not forget including 25 hours multi... of which 15 can be in a sim ...Heck you qualify as a gear puller.

So.. in closing ... i shall say the circus known as "Aviation" in India continues.

Why be a pilot, there are plenty of jobs going as a customer service rep for a multitude of companies that have outsourced their jobs to India!

Thought it was just an interesting job posting. It looks like India's attempt to be like SWA in the early days.

My wife has seen their airplanes someplace in Europe already.

I've heard a guy talk about licensing in India...sounded bad. I remember his saying you had to know how close a garbage dump could be to an airport. Something about birds... What a pilot could do about this or why he should carry that number around in his head is a bit of a mystery.

Requirements for first officer:

Co-Pilots:

Current medical, CPL, FRTO, COP/RTR, IR on multi-engine and minimum of 25 hrs on multi-engine aircraft (10 hrs could be completed on an approved multi-engine simulator).

Eligible candidates will be called for written test followed by an interview.

Latest resources

Back