Job openings at Republic

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

English

Just thought I'd pass this along to those of you at Shuttle America and Chautauqua wondering what's going on in the formation of Republic. These were listed today at www.planejobs.com. There are positions for a Manager of Training and Check Airmen.

BTW, the Director of Operations job was first listed on planejobs a while back before the DO at Chautauqua went over there...

Good luck everyone.

Title: MANAGER OF TRAINING

Company: Republic Airlines Product/Service:
Job Type: Full-time Employment Type: Permanent

Description:
MANAGER OF TRAINING Republic Airlines, a Republic Airways Company, is seeking a Manager of Training for the Louisville, KY location. Individual will ensure that all training programs are formulated and administered in compliance with Federal Aviation Regulations and Company policies and procedures. Work closely with Director of Operations and Chief Pilot to ensure that the training process adequately prepares associates to perform their assigned functions. Duties include, but not limited to: - Develop and maintain pilot ground and flight/simulator training program. - Develop and write revision to the Training Manual - Maintain pilot training records - Develop and monitor training budget - Coordinate training activities with contract training centers and other departments - Assist in maintenance of manuals pertaining to flight operations. - Accomplish special projects and other duties assigned by the Director of Operations. Benefits include: medical/dental, company paid life insurance, 401(k) and excellent travel privileges. Fax resume to (317) 484-4747 or mail to: Republic Airways Holdings Attn. Human Resources 2500 S. High School Road, Suite 92 Indianapolis, IN 46241 E-mail WORD documents: [email protected] Equal Opportunity Employer

Requirements:

Company Benefits:

Contact Information:

N/A
Fax: 317-484-4747
Republic Airlines

US

Preferred Response Method:
WORD documents: [email protected]

Title: Check Airman

Company: Republic Airlines Product/Service:
Job Type: Full-time Employment Type: Permanent

Description:
CHECK AIRMAN Republic Airlines, a Republic Airways Company, is seeking Check Airman for the Louisville, KY location. Individual will be responsible for administering the required qualification checks and monitoring the competency of the pilot group; will be involved with appropriate training and IOE/Line Check Airman responsibilities in addition to performing regular line duties. Preferred to be type in EMB 145. Duties include, but not limited to: - Monitor with administrative programs including airport qualification, flight time limitation, currency requirements, flight equipment, uniform discipline, manuals and procedures. - Conduct FAR 121.440 rides, 121.441 checks and OE under 121.434 as applicable. - Interpersonal communication and leadership skills. Benefits include: medical/dental, company paid life insurance, 401(k) and excellent travel privileges. Fax resume to (317) 484-4747 or mail to: Republic Airways Holdings Attn. Human Resources 2500 S. High School Road, Suite 92 Indianapolis, IN 46241 E-mail WORD documents: [email protected] Equal Opportunity Employer

Requirements:

Company Benefits:

Contact Information:

N/A
Fax: 317-484-4747
Republic Airlines

US

Preferred Response Method:
WORD document: [email protected]

Good luck CHQ against Republic. Pilots that went to Freedumb had no problem with it and there are plenty out there. We gave up a lot to stop Freedumb, I hope you guys have better success then we did.

freedumb

Just look what Mesa pilots gave up to crush freedum. Make sure EVERYONE at CHQ knows what happened. You can look at the Mesa Airlines pilot group board on Yahoo. It will be a lesson on voting "NO". republic will be a ploy for management to drive your pay and QOL down, Don't fall for it. Anyone that goes to republic should be deemed a scab, as in anyone who went to freedum as well.

Sincerely,
Yogi

Scabs?

Just a question?
How can you call any "potential" Republic pilots "Scabs" when you (meaning CHQ pilots) voted down the Jet for Jobs deal set by ALPA and the US Air mainline. Is the new "Republic" not just a side airline to incorporate the "Jet for jobs" deal that UsAir and ALPA presented to give their furloughed UsAir pilots somewhere to work? And if senior Republic managment doesnt work something out with Usair, will Chautauqua lose their code share with the major? If so, what is your solution to the problem? Or havent you thought that far ahead? Just curious.

gut check time.

sure it is an emotiional subject and many times i have spoken about realities of economic forces. well enough is enough. I ain't makin squat right now. can't afford a crash pad and last friday night because we couldn't afford tires, my wife didn't drive to pick me up in a bad rain. I slept on the concrete floor at the bid Int'l airport with my pissant captain's hat covering my eyes while all the cleaners cleaned.

this business sucks right now. the quality of life sucks, and i am sick of the whore mentality i see.

to chitauqua and shuttle pilots. tell MGT TO BLOW IT OUT THEIR EXAUST PORT. SHUT 'EM DOWN NOW...IF YOU DO BEFORE REPUBLIC IS SPOOLED UP, YOU'LL WIN....END THIS MADNESS!

Webslinger.....

Don't listen to Stop boy....... these guys have'nt the first clue what a fu^king scab is. You guys are so high and mighty with you POS contract that you think your helping the industry? God you must be a freaking tool man..... you guys ARE the WHORES of aviation you idiot. You guys are so low on the FU^KING pole as far as pay is concerned that Delta is Passing Comair and ASA and giving you the growth in MCO. Until you stop shi^tin in your own bed don't come across and tell others to stop underbidding you. What you, mesa, and TSA are doing is lowering the bar for EVERYONE, and yes management knows this and they are playing us all against each other. ALPA knows of Republic and they are OK with it, they were against Freedum and I can understand why......... This IS a different case then freedum and before you come out here and strart blasting me, make sure you take your FU^KING blinders off. How long have you been at CHQ? DID you PAY for your training when you went there? Well if you did then some people can call you a SCAB for lowering the bar in the aviation industry. Im not saying you are, Im just making a point. Do you understand where Im going with that or am just typing for nothing? Apples and Oranges.

And by the way...... this whole Republic thing as it pertains to the J4J's thing....... it is mandatory that whoever is the new carrier...... they have to be UNIONIZED. Which union? Dunno, but they do have to be organized. Go ahead.....blast away........

I am no labor lawyer but I see a great big flaw in your SCOPE clause. The language you specify states CHQ and not the holding company. According to the Republic story and what you posted above, Republic holdings is abiding by your SCOPE clause. If your SCOPE stated something like, "all flying done for the company or holding company", then they would be in violation of it.

That all being said, good luck.

Mayday

Networ-King,

I understand your frustration, but the question that I think pertinent is what you hope to accomplish by your scathing remarks about what "whores" we are.

We've been in negotiations at Chautauqua for several years now and have already turned down a contract that we believed was unfair to both our pilot group and the industry at large. We are in the process of voting to strike, and though we as a pilot group certainly do not want it to come to that, the general consensus is that we will do so if it comes to deciding between being the "bottom feeders" of the industry, as you seem to imply that we already are, and getting a reasonable set of work rules and compensation here at Chautauqua.

You and I both know that there are a lot of variables in the cost structure of an airline, and labor is only one. There are, I'm certain, a variety of reasons why we operate the flights in MCO for Delta now; For instance, the EMB is a much cheaper aircraft to purchase and, from what I understand, operate, than the CRJ. I also believe that the CRJ can not operate into Key West, for instance, like the old EMB120s could (which ComAir and ASA have chosen to retire). Yes, I admit that labor costs are one of them, but unless you've been living in a cave for the past six months, you should know that we've been trying to level that playing field for years now, and our move to strike to achieve that could cost me and many of my colleagues our jobs. Besides, last I checked, ComAir was still hiring quite a bit and ASA had only stopped to retire the EMB120s. I'm disappointed that you imply that we are such cowards. I would have thought you would applaud the fact that we are fighting so strongly to raise the bar in this industry, not lower it.

Though we have all had our differences in this industry because of cut-throat competition and post Sep 11 economic disaster, I would hope that you, like many "rival" airline pilots, would see that our fight needs encouragement, not taunts. When all is said and done, will we still be rivals? I'm certain we will be. But with your help, we will compete on efficiency, courtesy, and safety, rather than on labor costs and crummy work rules.

I hope that you'll stand united with us in our fight.

A CHQ Captain told me the other day that some clown was trying to J/S on said Captain's airplane. The idiot J/S'er said that *HE* would cross the picket line if we went on strike. Can you believe that?

Latest resources

Back