Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bafanguy

Just thought this was interesting:

On planejobs.com, a listing for a C206 pilot for aerial mapping in Katmandu for a year...2500EU/mo + completion bonus...sounds like pretty basic living conditions. Not getting along too well with the Mrs. ? Think her lawyer could find you in Katmandu ? Here's the job for YOU. Oh yea, it would help if you could speak Nepali !! Well, don't we all ??

Anyone do any flying like this ? Good stories ??

OK, just email those resumes to : [email protected]

I saw the posting also, said only 500 hrs. TT needed, for flying in the Himalaya's...yikes....

Man, sounds interesting. I have 400 TT with similar experience (photography, not surveying).

This type of flying is a lot of fun, but situational awareness is extremely important. I am always working at 500 AGL or so, and am often in the vicinity of towers, gliders, parajumpers and restricted airspace. It can get hairy at times, but I think this is an excellent job.

Now, moving to Nepal... that's another story! :)

I am interested in learning more about this job, so I decided to send a resume. I will see if I get a response (I am 100 hours shy of their minimum). I would be hesitant to move to Nepal, but for the right job, I guess I must be willing to go anywher!

I was thinking if this flying gig doesn't work out, I could head over to the Himalayas and try to get on as a looper. I hear the Lama is a big hitter.

this job is

this job is advertizzed everywhere.

will there be 1000 or 10000+ applications from low-time hungry pilots?

GOOD LUCK ALL

A looper? You mean a pro jock?...TC

dust off the hiking boots..........

I heard from my source that you had to work as a sherpa for a few months until you can get into the aircraft...........now where did i put that ice axe and krampons (sp?).............

Hugh Jorgan said:
I was thinking if this flying gig doesn't work out, I could head over to the Himalayas and try to get on as a looper. I hear the Lama is a big hitter.

So I jump ship in Hong Kong and make my way over to Tibet, and I get on as a looper at a course over in the Himalayas. A looper, you know, a caddy, a looper, a jock. So, I tell them I'm a pro jock, and who do you think they give me? The Dalai Lama, himself. Twelfth son of the Lama. The flowing robes, the grace, bald... striking. So, I'm on the first tee with him. I give him the driver. He hauls off and whacks one---big hitter, the Lama---long, into a ten-thousand foot crevasse, right at the base of this glacier. Do you know what the Lama says? Gunga galunga... gunga, gunga-galunga. So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consiousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

Latest resources

Back