• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

job/career advice

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Try Ameriflight, I believe you usually fly m-f and can be home most nights, but I think the days are pretty long.
cheers

Ilikeairplanes said:
Have you ever thought about a career instructor position? At a university or on of those flight schools that teaches student from other countries. I heard that JAL school in Napa is hiring instructors. I think the pay is like 40k to start

Metro State College of Denver has a very good aviation program. That might work for you as well.

If you intend to fly for a living, bite the bullet and get the multi time. You'll have to get on a list somewhere but then you'll be able to work into schedules like that. However, you won't be able to get that without flying freight at your flight time. I had 1800 TT with 45 AMEL when I started freight. It was a great schedule - SA/SU and WED off. I worked day freight - so it can be found but don't expect anything more than 15K-18K per year for that kind of flying.

JD

Thanks for all your input. I talked with the other half and she is supportive of night flying if needed. I am trying to build my multi time but may just have to go buy a 50 hour block and combine my ATP and MEI at the same time. I think Empire or Amerflight might be the best it would be great to be based in Alasksa , Washington or Montana., I'll start researching.Once again thanks for the input

Latest resources

Back